“Great little hotel”

Ranked #39 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Savannah, Georgia
“Great little hotel”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I don't normally do hotels near the airport, but I had a red eye in and an early flight out.

The front desk young lady (I wish I got her name) was lovely and got me into a room around 9:00 AM, hours before the normal check-in, since I had just flown in.

Great shower. Nice bed. Coffee in room. Free wifi. Inexpensive room. Very fast room service and good diner.

If you have a quick trip, you can't go wrong.

Very pleasant staff.

Room Tip: It's a Starwood property
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Chad D,
Thank you for your recent stay and your time to review our hotel. I have shared your positive comments regarding our hotel at a recent all employee meeting. We strive on providing great service and experiences for guests utilizing MCI airport. I was glad to hear comments.

If your travels bring you back to Kansas City, we would love to have you back here at the Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport.

Brad Verkamp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I just spent 18 nights here. It is NOT a dump, as some reviews suggest. But it has potential to drop down a level or two if some things are not improved -- primarily the condition of the rooms and the inconsistency of the cleaning. And response to complaints. Kevin the chef and Terri the waitress are best two things about the place, and almost a good enough reason to stay here over a long haul. The manager just needs to raise the standards for other employees in order to make this a more pleasing venue. -- Ross M.

Room Tip: As close to front as possible. There is one wing that entails long, long walk to lobby, restaurant.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ross_M2667
Dear Ross_M2667,

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent 18 day stay with us. I wanted to inform you that I read your review to Terri and Kevin and thanked them for being great hotel ambassadors.
I have also shared your cleaning concerns and responsiveness to requests with my management team, we do apologize if we did not meet your expectations in that aspect of your stay.

Thank you again and please reach out to me directly at the hotel if I can be of any further assistance.

Waukee, Iowa
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Unfortunately, there are several reviews on here that are not favorable. If you are looking for a high-end hotel, then by all means, spend more money and go to a nicer place. But for the price, this hotel is great. Sure, it is in need of a remodel but you get what you pay for. If you appreciate great customer service like my husband and I do and you are looking for a fair park and fly package, this hotel is perfect!

We had a quick trip to Vegas planned recently and found that staying at the Four Points was both convenient and cost-effective. Christina did a terrific job of checking us in efficiently and gave us a tremendous recommendation for a yummy Mexican restaurant. We couldn't have been more pleased with the service.

The shuttle took us to the airport right on time and when we returned from our trip, the shuttle arrived at the airport the moment we walked out of baggage claim.

There are some parking spaces in the back that do not have lighting, which made us nervous. Luckily, we were able to find a spot closer to the entrance that was still in the parking zone but I would suggest to management that some additional lighting in the parking lot would be helpful.

We will definitely stay at the Four Points again when we fly out of KC!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear shellyh713,

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing such positive comments. We definetely enjoy hearing abour favorable guest experiences as we continually strive to exceed our guests expectations. We do strive on being an affordable hotel and parking option for guests leaving out of MCI. I do understand your concern about the lighting in one area of the parking lot and wanted to let you know we have got the problem corrected. I also made note of your comment regarding Christina's excellent customer service at our recent front desk meeting. She is a great asset to our organization.

We hope to welcome you back soon to the Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport!

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport
Los Angeles
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Ah, so we stayed here for free (using points) for one night before flying home the next day out of MCI. We got there late and were checked into the "Starwood Gold Floor" (we are gold members). Shoot, if that was the gold floor, I really fear for people on the regular floors!

The lobby was nice enough and the staff were professional and polite, but yikes, the rooms and hallways were gross. It just felt old and musty. Our room smelled like cheap cleaners and those little deodorizers they place in urinals....it was a bit overwhelming. The sheets had a stain on them and the room was quite dated. The wall air conditioner was loud and the air quality had my allergies acting up like crazy.

We survived the night. On a good note, the shower pressure was decent. Check in and out were easy and we were able to quickly print our boarding passes in the lobby. The airport is VERY close by and they have a free shuttle 24 hours a day.

I don't know what other hotels close to the airport are like, but next time we will try something else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Teresa567
Dear Teresa567,

Thank you for using your points and staying with us here at the Four Points by Sheraton recently. I have read your comments and concerns and shared recently with my management team. We strive to exceed our guest expecatations and we did not meet yours, please contact me directly at the hotel to further review your stay. I appreciated hearing the comments regarding the staff professionalism and politeness.

Travelers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

New Jersey
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Service was fine, but this hotel is in need of a remodel. While the bathroom was up to date, the rest of the room felt dingy and poorly designed. For example, there are no free power outlets anywhere near the bed, and only one outlet on the desk (very frustrating!). Also, the air-conditioning unit blows directly on the desk, which makes doing work there unpleasant.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JB854
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear JB854,
Thank you for staying with us recently. Based upon your review we did not meet your expecations and I do apologize as we strive to exceed all of guests needs.

Please contact me directly at the hotel if you wish to discuss your stay in further details.

Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This hotel is average accommodations, nothing spectacular. It is what one would expect from a tired hotel near the airport. I got a great deal of $40/night from the website where you "bid" for prices, and the room was adequate for that price; I would not have been happy spending more for the tiny, tired bathroom, really old tube style TV, slightly lumpy bead, dark hallways, and stained sheets. The Air Conditioning unit was SO loud it was hard to sleep and I had to turn it off (And I can sleep through nearly anything). Thank goodness that it wasn't a very hot night or I never would have made it. The headboard wasn't attached and every time we rolled over in the night, it would clatter up against the wall; not soothing for us, and I am sure not appreciated by the niehgbours. The front desk was below average, not overly friendly, and without authorization or informing me, they charged what I assume is a security deposit at check in to my credit card that still hasn't come off (Will be calling by end of week if it still is there).

This hotel needs to either do major updates/renovations, or reduce star level/cost of staying here. It is close to the airport (which is why I stayed here the first night when I fly into KCI to visit my boyfriend), seems popular with pilots/flight attendants, and has free parking, but NO BREAKFAST is included, which is something I usually look for in a hotel in this star ratings. I don't think I would stay here again if I was choosing it. If the 'you choose the price' hotel site books me again here, I would shrug and accept it based on the cost, but certainly wouldn't pay more then what I did this time.

Room Tip: Some rooms have fridges/microwaves and flat screen TVs. If paying full price, don't hesitate to...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear RebeccaAndTimmy,

Thank you for your recent stay and your time to review our hotel. I have read your review and I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We strive to exceed all of our guests needs. Please contact me directly at the hotel if you wish to discuss your stay in further detail.

Again I do apologize I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully allowing us another opportunity to meet your needs for future stays in Kansas City.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I recently spent two nights at the Four Points Sheraton at the Kansas City International Airport. Located a 5 minute drive from the main airport terminal, the Four Points is an average hotel with an attached restaurant (Boulevard Grills), a decent fitness center (with free weights), and away from the hustle of the airport noise. The staff are helpful and efficient, but the hotel itself is a bit run down and lacking in upkeep. The hotel makes up for this with an excellent included breakfast buffet (including made to order omelettes and waffles), pool, free WiFi, a shuttle service (including to Zona Rosa), and willingness to accomodate guests. I would recommend the hotel to others traveling in the Kansas City area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear 101jumper,

Thank you your recent two night stay with us and taking the time to review your experience. I was glad you were able to experience our outstanding breakfast and take advantage of our excellent weight room and complimentary wireless. I really appreciated hearing about the praise you gave our staff. We strive to exceed expectations of service for all of our guests. I have posted your review in our break room to let the staff know that their actions are noticed by guests.

Thanks again, and we here at the Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport hope to welcome you back soon!

Four Points by Sheraton