Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #6 of 112 Hotels in Kansas City
Republic, Missouri
“Amazing Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I wanted to thank the hotel for an amazing 2 day stay. Beautiful rooms, very comfortable bed, the staff was very pleasant and always ready to help. Loved that they were able to drop us off at the Sprint Center for a concert. Saved us times, money and a lot of stress. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. I will be back in October.

Room Tip: Take a corner room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank th3truth
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Ambassador Kansas City! Our complimentary transportation service can take guests anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel, including the Country Club Plaza! I will be sure to pass on your comments to my staff, and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The decor is fabulous in this renovated downtown gem! I was there in February 2013 on business, and was truly impressed with the style of this hotel. GIGANTIC granite shower..big fluffy bed...ahhh! Bliss!

My only complaint was the restaurant....which is my reason for the 95% rating. I was terribly un-impressed with the food. For breakfast, I had ordered poached eggs. My eggs were so runny, I literally had to eat them with a spoon. Blech...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Karen,
Thank you for your recent review of the Ambassador KC. Our beautiful granite showers are a unique find in Kansas City, and a favorite among guests. We take pride in our luxurious guest rooms, and make sure they are in excellent condition for each and every guest, including our pillow top mattresses! There have been some big changes inside Reserve restaurant, we invite you back to try out our new menu created by Chef Shaun Brady!
Reading
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was in KC for 6 days on business. First impressions speak volumes, and the hotel was not only adorable but the staff was outstanding! I love a cute hotel, but the staff brought this hotel to an amazing level. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

Room Tip: each room is different, but I heard one of the rooms has a fireplace, I would ask for that one next...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your recent stay at the Ambassador KC! We really appreciate your comments, and will be sure to pass them off to our staff. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Kansas City!
Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was in Kansas City for 6 days last week for business. I was blown away by my entire experience at the Ambassador; from the decor to the cleanliness, the comfort of the rooms, the food, the atmosphere, and particularly the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Everyone from the receptionist to the bar tender to the cook and the GM...hands down THE BEST!!!! I had a regular room for two nights, (which was great)! The rest of the time I was in a suite that I hosted meetings in. It was wonderful. I also hosted meetings in the board room. They helped me set up, brought me what ever I asked for, etc... I would not recommend staying anywhere else in Kansas City Downtown Area because you'd be missing out!!!! Great job, Ambassador!!! You get 5 stars from me!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Amy N
Thank you so much for your review Amy! All of us here at the Ambassador KC are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our luxury guestrooms as well as our beautiful event space! I'll be sure to pass along your comments to my staff, who all work hard to provide the best service possible for our guests. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Nacogdoches, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

A nice little boutique hotel. Well appointed. Clean. Great bed. Parking available. Close to venues. The bar and lobby area are very nice. Easy to get in and out of if you have a car. Would choose it again.

Room Tip: Bathrooms are really nice, but a little dark.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kim C
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here in Kansas City. The Ambassador is located within two blocks of both the Sprint Center and the Power and Light District, making it one of the prime locations to stay in downtown KC! We are also happy to hear that you liked both our spacious guestrooms as well as our beautiful lobby. Thank you for choosing The Ambassador Hotel as your place to stay in Kansas City, and we hope to see you again soon!
Magnolia, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here doing business nearby. The hotel was modern despite being in an older building. It was a comfortable stay. Arriving late in the day, I did not feel in being too adventurous for dinner and elected to eat in the hotel. The food was quite good and enjoyable. When I elected to try the beignets for dessert and they didn't any, the cook offered an apple and berry crumble based on an old family recipe (which I enjoyed much more than I would have the beignets).

On the second night, I walked down a couple of blocks to the "power and light district" and there are a number of restaurants and bars located here.

The rooms were large and well equipped.

My only issue was that I was given a room at the end of the hall and with the door closed, the wireless internet just didn't reach well enough. I ended up sitting with my computer right by the door to get the best possible signal. I also used the lobby a couple of times when I wanted the best connection. I alerted the staff and they did try to reset it, but it didn't help.

Room Tip: If Internet is important, I would get a room near the middle of the hallways where the routers are l...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TxLonestar
We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The Ambassador was originally built in 1920 as the Gates City National Bank and has been completely renovated into the stunning hotel you will find today. Reserve, our restaurant located just inside our lobby, is preparing award winning dishes that are sure to satisfy any appetite. The Ambassador also has a perfect location whether your looking for entertainment, dinning, or shopping! We are just two blocks north of both the Power and Light District, and The Sprint Center. I will share your comments with my team, and we hope to see you again in the future!
Overland Park, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed at the ambassador for our anniversary. We live in KC but wanted to get away downtown for a night.

I called ahead and reserved a corner king room and let them know we would be on our anniversary. When we checked in, they didn't remember this at all. They didn't say happy anniversary, nothing special prepared, etc. This isn't the reason for the poor review, but it would have been nice. We ate at the Bristol at P&L... they had a card on the table and gave us preferential seating and free dessert. Not required, but appreciated and I will be a repeat customer. I wish the Ambassador understood this concept.

The reason for a poor review is the uncleanliness of the room. It is nicely decorated but was dirty. The counter was dirty. There was long hair on the sheets on the bed. There was hair on the counter in the bathroom. The mirror was dirty. I went to pull out the robes and they had long hair and big stain around the neck. One towel in the bathroom was not folded it was just sitting on the floor dirty. Gross. I went to take a shower the night we stayed and there was hair on the tile floor and a huge gunk of hair and dirt stuck over the floor drain. I cleaned it up before my wife had to see it. The bed was comfy and the air worked. Room is very loud though and music coming from lounge downstairs was loud on a saturday night.

I did go down and try to get new robes, but the front desk girl was on her cell phone and I couldn't get her attention :( This isn't a pricey place compared to hotels I've stayed at in Chicago, NYC, etc... but its Kansas City. If people are asked to pay 250+ here the cleanliness, the staff, the service has to be all there.

The sent me a followup email to see how my stay was. I told them the problems I had. No reply.
Speaks volumes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jon B
On behalf of my entire team I would like to offer our sincerest apology. I would be happy to contact you to discuss your experience. Please feel free to contact me at any time by calling the hotel and asking for me.