“Wonderful Long Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 112 Hotels in Kansas City
Baltimore, MD
“Wonderful Long Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My fiance and I chose this hotel based on actually the tripadvisor reviews! So glad we did. The pictures are 100% accurate. This is a SMALL BOUTIQUE hotel, it has 43 rooms a restaurant/bar lounge and fitness center. It was nice staying in a small quaint and classy boutique. For being a small boutiqe hotel it sure does deliver big shoes and fills them! As you walk in you are greeting by a gorgeous Christmas tree - then there is a beautiful path to the bar.restaurant and lounge - on your right is check in - and then to the check in desk right is a cute little nook with a sitting area and offering cider coffe and cookies. The restaurant is very chic with great food. This hotel also has room service. As we got in the elevator the elevator is so cute and modern - We had a corner suite and it was a good size! Had a kuerig coffee maker - complimentarybottled water a refrigerator - Gilchrist and Somes toilietries (my fav) - the bed was nice and comfy and the lay out was wonderful - They have complimentary escalade - However, we chose to use Moses - who has a lovely lincoln town car. He drove us around for the weekend. He really took care of us. He is so sweet. We really enjoyed him taking care of us. So if you are looking for a driver book MOSES! He books up pretty quick so I would recommend booking him ahead of time. We had breakfast room service every morning and it was great and fresh. We ate at Jack Stack both at Plaza and by the hotel - We also ate at the Reserve which is the hotel restaurant. Very great. Nice chic atmosphere - The decor and architecture through out the hotel were so beautiful and I loved the marble through out the hotel. After the end of our days we ended each night hanging out the bar hanging out with the bartender Cody, Tony, and Geoff. It was lovely. The cheese platter is great - I felt everyone was accomadating. We will definately use this hotel as our place each year to enjoy our long weekend holiday vacay! Thanks Ambassador for giving us an amazing weekend to remember!

As for the other negative comments I read and looked out for what they said when at the hotel. This is my opinion.

The hotel is hurting financially - I think that is a very messed up and very inaccurate statement - I won't even comment on that comment further. EWW who writes that?!

The menu is bad -Absolutely NOT - Yes - there are few menu options but this is a SMALL boutique hotel. The options are yummy and if you request something they can make it. Could they add another item or two? sure - but I found the menu fine and accomadating.

The 5th floor is a party floor. UM WHAT?! First of all there are 43 rooms all together - we stayed on the 5th floor the whole weekend. There aren't many rooms on that floor at all. The rooms are so big you cant hear. Friday night - there was some partying going on and music but at like midnight you couldn't hear anything. I do not want people to think that the guest here are sloppy because every guest we encountered were classy affluent friendly people. We came for the game as did others. I was just confused on that comment because the hotel is so small. I am sure if you had a problem Michael would have fixed your room right away.

Ambassador is a classy hotel. Try it! Email me for questions about this hotel and things to do.

Room Tip: corner king you only have one room next to you
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lainy0957
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay, we are always so pleased when our guests are able to experience all the great things our hotel and Kansas City have to offer. I was sure to share all of your wonderful comments with the team, it gives us all great satisfaction to read such a nice review. Please let me know next time you plan to visit the Ambassador Kansas City.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I visited this hotel for the first time and found it very clean, comfortable, and friendly. All of the staff are welcoming and pleasant. However, in my 13 years of 100% weekly travel and in the past 7 years some occassional business trips, I have never had service like Joe at the front desk provided on my first night. My two co-workers and I arrived very late and nothing was open for dinner. Joe provided menu's, hotel address for delivery, and contact information for a pizza place. The pizza place wasn't answering at 2 AM during the week even know they were supposed to be open until 3. Joe said, "Let me go back in the kitchen and make you guys some sandwiches; What would you like?" He had absolutely no obligation to do this. He really helped us out as we were starving and there was literally nothing open (believe me, we searched ourselves first). Joe is the kind of employee that makes the hotel. Beside being completed committed to his job, you can tell he just geniunely cares about people. Thanks Joe! When I'm back in KC, Ambassador is my place now.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Eric J
Thank you for taking time to write a review, we are very proud of our team and the outstanding guest service they provide. Joe is one of our great team members and I very pleased he was able to make such an outstanding impression. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit Kansas City.
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Tastefuly decorated in an historic building in downtown. I had a typically large room, bed and linens were excellent. Plenty of light streams into the room through large windows with both shears and blackout drapes. Just 2 blocks from the sprint center and the power and light district with plenty of restaurants and bars nearby. Easy access to freeways in case you're family or business is not downtown. There is a restaurant and bar right off the lobby. Excellent value.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Salth2o
Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your recent stay. On behalf of our entire team we hope to see you again soon and Happy Holidays!
davenport, ia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Beautifully decorated rooms, lobby, bar, and even the hallways were usable and comfortable. I had high hopes when I booked this room back in August, thinking it was too good to be true, but it exceeded my expectations in every way. The staff was friendly and helpful. The maid on our floor gave us the complete history of the building and its' renovation, taking the time to show us all the other options for different room styles. All were modern without being too cold--just perfect. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom spacious and well-supplied, and the seating area was open and inviting. We were in town one night for a Springsteen concert and the Ambassador's location was ideal for the Sprint center and the Power and Light district. We parked when we arrived and didn't need to move the car until we left. Even if we did need powered vehicles, nearby parking lots had electric scooters, Segways, and electric cars for rent -- way cool and convenient. I've got to find one negative, and it was lack of a particular alcohol at the bar --a very small negative. Other than that, I wish I'd been able to stay longer. Our next trip to KC will require a stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank scott216
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We wish you could have stayed longer too! We enjoyed having all of the Springsteen fans with us, what a devoted crowd! I am happy you enjoyed your visit and as you mentioned our location is perfect for attending concerts or events at the Sprint Center as well as going to the Power and Light District. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our car service as well and we hope you will stay with us again when you visit Kansas City.
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Ambassador the night we attended Aerosmith at the Sprint Center. We found the hotel spotless, not even finger smudges on the elevator doors. The beds were comfy. Even my husband commented on them. The robes provided were cozy and bath towels plush. The whole room was very relaxed and inviting.

After the concert we were pleased to find the bar still open so we were able to enjoy a nightcap. We were greeted by the desk clerk each time we came in or went out. The driver was eager to take us anywhere we wanted to go. We did not need to use his services since the whole reason for staying here was to be able to walk where ever we wanted to go. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
4 Thank BrendaFBurg
Thank you for this nice review, I am so glad you enjoyed staying at the hotel for the concert. We have the best location in Kansas City if you are attending a concert or event at the Sprint Center. I am pleased that the bar was still open for you when you returned from the concert. I hope you will consider staying with us again next time you visit Kansas City.
Leawood, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at the Ambassador Hotel the night of the Madonna concert. Since I live in KC, this was a treat. our suite was beyond belief.....modern furniture, great lighting, comfortable bed and bedding, wonderful amenities. The staff was excellent, especially Andrew, who was available for our every need and exceeding friendly and helpful. Kudos to the bar staff, who put up with a bunch of rowdy party people , who were still having fun after the concert. The hotel is a great addition to the Kansas City downtown scene. The location is ideal for the events at the Sprint Center and Power and Light district. I highly recommend this hotel!!!!

Room Tip: If you can, upgrade to a suite. You will be delightfully surprised at its elegance!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank xnyrnkc
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for such a great review. I am happy you enjoyed staying with us for the concert, we have a great location just steps from the Sprint Center. I am very pleased to know that Andrew and the bar staff exceeded your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I can't stop talking about how great this hotel was. I was there for one night on business. The basic King room was gorgeous and HUGE, everything is new, and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Comfortable bed, giant shower, giant desk. My room service salad was surprisingly good. Lovely bar.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank stella082001
Michael H, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kansas City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write this nice review. I am glad you enjoyed our great rooms and our wonderful food. I hope you will stay with us again next time you are in Kansas City.