“Small but interesting tour” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Roasterie Factory & Retail Store

The Roasterie Factory & Retail Store
Ranked #5 of 13 Tours in Kansas City
More attraction details
Owner description: The Roasterie goes to great lengths to bring you the best coffee in the world. And nobody does it like we do. Come by for a free tour and learn all about our cupping, roasting and blending processes. You might even get to start up one of our roasters yourself, or try your hand at cupping coffee with Norm. Free tours: Monday - Friday at 10 a.m. and Saturday at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. (excluding holidays). Call (816) 931-4000 during business hours (M-F, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.) to make a reservation. The tours are about an hour long. Please plan to arrive 5 to 10 minutes before the tour is scheduled to begin.Private tours: For larger groups, hour-long private tours may be available. The best time to schedule private tours is Monday-Friday from noon to 3 p.m., but other times, including early mornings, will be considered when resources are available.
Overland Park, Kansas
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Small but interesting tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

It is always good to know more about what we are consuming. The tour starts with a 10 minute video about the history of the Roasterie, celebrating 20 years, and how they came to be, what they do, and what they stand for. Next was the cupping room where the tasters check each bach of coffee they are receiving to see if they would like to purchase it to roast and sell. The actual tour inside the factory is pretty short, showing the guests the four roasting machines and the bagging area. Doesn't take long. Of course you finish in the cafe. We ordered (which was not inlcuded in the tour) and our drink was forgotten. Once we reminded them of our drink they made it up with a free drink for our next visit. Not too bad for a free tour.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Bryn C

Liberty, Missouri
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Interesting tour, but wish factory was working”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

My hubby and I toured The Roasterie together on a Saturday morning. The tour guide was great, and we learned so much about coffee and The Roasterie's process for roasting it. It was lively and entertaining, as well as informative. My only complaint -- if you can call it that -- is that you don't get to actually see the factory at work. I still recommend going, though!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Tonifa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“My favorite coffee shop.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I'll make this easy, this is my favorite coffee shop ever. I've never had better tasting coffee. I've been all over the states and visited some of the best and most favorite coffee shops and this one is my favorite!

Overland Park, KS
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Worthwhile tour and great coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

The tour starts and ends in the new cafe. It's a great space, one I could hang out in for a few hours with my laptop while sipping one of their spectacular cafe mochas. We also sampled a variety of coffees and all were great. Norman, our tour guide, made the tour entertaining and informative. A short video was projected onto the wall (think modern chic, not old and rickety). Then two visitors were asked to participate in a demonstration of how The Roasterie's tasters test new coffees. The group got to see all of the relatively small but interesting facility. I walked away with the impression that the people at The Roasterie really care about their coffee, employees, and customers (and I can be a skeptic). This free tour is well worth the hour or so it takes. You’ll want to call ahead to make reservations, which you have to do on a weekday during office hours.

Visited November 2012
Lee's Summit, Missouri
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Love the coffee!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am fortune enough to live here and enjoy the Roasterie all the time. Their coffee is awesome! make sure you try the chocolate coffee and also Betty's receipe!

Visited November 2012