“Great Location!”

Residence Inn Kansas City Country Club Plaza
Ranked #51 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed March 11, 2008

This is our second visit to this hotel. It is in an excellent location -only a block from the Plaza. You are within walking distance from many restaurants - our favorites are the Classic Cup Cafe for breakfast and lunch and Figlia's Italian restaurant for dinner.

We had two rooms reserved as we were meeting family there and our arrival time was 3 hours before normal check-in time. We called ahead and requested early check-in and the staff was extremely accomodating and had rooms ready for us when we arrived at noon.

The weeknight manager's receptions are great as well as their breakfasts.

A great place to stay - would highly recommend it if visiting Kansas City and the Country Club Plaza

Stayed: March 2008

Reviewed November 19, 2007

This hotel is very similar to other Residence Inn properties - larger rooms with a kitchen, living area, and separate bedroom, a varied hot breakfast buffet, and a manager's reception with snacks and drinks on weeknights. The staff was very pleasant, and went out of their way to offer dining recommendations. The rooms were clean, had nicer linens and furnishings, and were quiet.

What set this hotel apart is the location. This properity is one block north of the Country Club Plaza - a collection of higher end shops and restaurants. It was very convenient to walk down to the Plaza for dinner, drinks, or shopping without having to move the car.

The one caveat is that one block is a pretty decent hill. It wasn't an issue for us, but we commented that it would not be fun to walk up or down that hill on a snowy, icy day.

Overall, this is a quality hotel with a very convenient location. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank feiter
Reviewed September 29, 2007

I had a horrible experience dealing with this hotel. They refused to honor the orbitz reservation that i had made. On top of that they were extremely rude and unhelpful. I would not stay there again.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank idanovich
Reviewed August 4, 2007

great location, one block away from the country club plaza with great shopping and awesome food. 12 minutes to the downtown airport. great clean rooms

• Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank nymsmith
Reviewed April 19, 2007

I normally don't go out of my way to write reviews, but this hotel was outstanding. I had to book a room last minute to attend a funeral and didn't have a lot of time to do the normal research so I just took a chance and booked with Residence.

To start off I was going to be cutting the timing close to make it to the funeral due to driving 5 hours the morning of. The night before I left, I called and asked if I could check in early. After 5 hours on the road I was going to need a shower and the ability to change my clothes. Without explaining why I needed to check-in early they said "no problem you can check-in in the morning (very cool). OK, the hotel offers an evening social block with free beer/wine and hot food and free buffet breakfast in the morning. The rooms were clean and had a full kitchen. I didn't really need it, but good to have. The maids even left free microwave popcorn with the coffee. Normally you have to pay for stuff like this. All the Plaza restaurants were right there within a block. I decided to have something delivered, but was unsure of who delivered. I went to the front desk and the women working the desk asked what I was in the mood for. Her demeanor immediately made me feel like I was at home. I said "Seafood alfredo." She pulls out a menu from nowhere for an Italian Bistro and said she knows they will deliver here. I just smiled in disbelief. When does this EVER happen. Being in the military I travel alot and this type of hospitality is rare. The only negative thing I have for this hotel is there is some traffic noise from the plaza. In their defense I did have a room that opened directly to the street so this is understandable.

Every staff member I spoke with was professional and welcoming. Kudos to the staff I'm impressed!!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank jc74inokc
Reviewed December 5, 2006

This was a great place to stay with family. It is very close to the plaza - just one short block up the hill. Rooms were a nice size and very quiet. There were many families staying at the hotel over Thanksgiving and we never heard kids. Breakfast was good. Parking is free, but there isn't much.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank rcmjr
Reviewed July 10, 2003

Spent a long weekend there with my wife and 4 month old baby 3 months ago. It's in a nice area. You can walk right into the Plaza in 5 minutes. The hotel is newly renovated and it sure feels that way.
Service was prompt. Will return.

3  Thank Wai-Mun