All reviews pancake maker room lights hot options newer hotel pool and hot tub biscuits and gravy free breakfast kansas city airport key card short drive breakfast bar two queen beds next morning an early flight clean hotel very nice stay top floor
Selected filters
Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

Great staff, clean and comfortable room, good breakfast. Free shuttle to the airport. Only complaint is the hairdryer my wife could only use for about 2 minutes at a time before it overheated and turned off.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Holiday Inn E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2017

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us while you were in the Kansas City area. We are sorry about the inconvenience caused by the hairdryer overheating and will look into that immediately as one should not have to bring their own hairdryer.

Reviewed May 19, 2017

This was a very comfortable room. The a/c worked wonderfully. The bedding was super comfortable. We used the complimentary breakfast buffet mornings. The first morning was very good, the second it was ok.
The location is a bit from all the activities we enjoyed while in KC, but we knew that when we booked it and being right on the highway it was pretty convenient.
The only negative we had was the staff on duty when we checked in (5/17 pm). The young man was not very friendly at all. Also, I had requested a first floor room and we received a 3rd floor room. Not a big deal, but I wondered why they bothered to ask if they didn't follow through.
Bathroom was very clean and updated nicely.
Overall, I would stay here again and enjoy it.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us overall. I want to apologize for the check-in experience as all guest should feel welcomed when they are at our property. I am very sorry that we were not able to meet your preferences as we do try our hardest to make sure each guest is satisfied however, due to high occupancy at times this can be a very difficult task. We look forward to seeing you in the near future and thanks for choosing us while in the area.

Reviewed April 25, 2017

I chose this hotel from United Airlines' "distressed traveller's" list when I had to rebook an international flight. They have an airport shuttle with friendly drivers, and prompt service. The room was really nice - very spacious, lots of workspace if you need it, and a fridge and microwave. The bed was so comfortable! Breakfast was included but I didnt have any because I needed to get to the airport. The desk attendent told me to grab something eben though it wasn't quite 6:30 am. My only complaint is this: the facility has "green" utilities that run via the controls by the door, and you put your key card in to turn on the lights. I never figured out how to shut down the bathroom fan yet still have a bedside light available if needed during the night. I solved the problem by leaving the card in the control so I could use the bedside lamp, and shutting the bathroom door to block the noise of the fan. This solution will only work if you are half-deaf like me. A light sleeper won't tolerate the noise.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at this Holiday Inn Express. They had comfortable beds, a nice choice of items at breakfast and it was very quiet. The front desk was excellent as well. One small bummer, though, was that the indoor pool room itself was really cold. Not sure why that was the case, but it didn't bother my son too much.
We will be back!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2017

My family got in last night and there was an issue with customers in front of us, the clerk,Jake, never lost his cool and was always professional. It wasn't his fault but a corporate thing. Our check in was flawless and he was very informative about the area. I will give further review about the property later.

Date of stay: March 2017