“Would definitely recommend to friends and family!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I am sitting in one of the cleanest, best laid out breakfast rooms for a Holiday Inn Express that I have seen. The colors are bright, the tables are plentiful and the space is utilized very neatly. The coffee bar is separate from the food which is something that usually causes a bottleneck affect when trying to get something in the mornings. The free standing bar to sit at and work is great in the middle of the area. It is large and has seats and space to eat and work. Truly impressive.
The whole place is clean and well kept. When I checked in, a very welcoming front desk person greeted me and was very efficient.
This place is close to many places to shop and the airport.
As far as price, it is reasonable, but it was different depending on the website that you used. I guess they all are for that matter.
All in all, it is a great place, safe, clean and I will definitely use it again!!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank cinderella2all
Daniel F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Cinderella,

Glad to see that you were able to enjoy the breakfast; and approve of the decor! The staff prides themselves of being able to meet and exceed all of our guest expectations. Can't wait to see you in the future!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a fairly new and very nice hotel with really nice modern decor. Employees we saw were friendly and helpful. If, like us, you arrive after dark and aren't familiar with the area, it will seem to be in the middle of nowhere - in the morning you'll find it's not! Breakfast area is pleasant but food itself is standard "free breakfast" fare and nothing to get excited about.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing us as your hotel of choice during your last trip to Kansas City. We do hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We (senior married couple) found this quite new hotel and our room to be among the most impressive ever in terms of interior decorating and eye wow factors. The bathroom was especially impressive to look at. Cleanliness and sparkle were the best ever. However, function took a back seat to form. The writing/computer table and chair were awkward to use and the chair was weird and looked rather out of place it that room. The upholstered chair looked good, but was not very comfortable. The hot water was extremely hot, enough to burn. The bathroom sink water spout did not reach out into the sink quite far enough. If the water was running at very low rate, it dribbled from the spout onto the counter. The room gets very high marks for appearance, but only fair/average marks for function, comfort, and convenience. The free hot breakfast was quite good, but not among the best we've experienced.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

AA H,

My sincere apologies in the challenges of the desk and chair. We take all information received and learn on how to better improve our service and make it more comfortable. From reading your review, we have adjusted the water temperatures so it does stay within the desired temperatures.

We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I cannot disagree with anything others have said in previous reviews. Nice rooms with an ecletic overall flair. Since I'm someone with back problems, I also liked the firm bed. Great one-night stay before catching a flight the next morning. The only drawback was the confusing roads in that area due to construction. Some additional eating establishments at that exit would also be nice.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LFGGator
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is a very new hotel, so nothing is worn out and looks very modern. Has all the amenities you would expect, wireless internet, weight room, complimentary breakfast, and etc. Service was very good, Newton was the front desk attendant and was very professional and willing to help. This property is really meant for those who want to be close to the airport, they have a shuttle that runs late and starts up at 5:00am, so its a great place if you don't want to get taxi or rental car. The shuttle will also take you around if you want some entertainment or some place to eat. It is close to the freeway, so if you are on that side of the building, you will hear it, although it is not terribly loud. The area is not very scenic and has quite a few other hotels around as well as other businesses, so it does seem more business oriented. There are a few restaurants close by, so getting a bite is no problem. The hotel itself is very nice and great value compared to some others around.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, stay away from the odd numbered rooms and the first floor. Remember, t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fernando F
Reviewed September 4, 2013

As a working Mom with three kids under 5, I really enjoy my sleep when traveling for business. This hotel is Gorgeous, modern, green and very new. I was expecting a comfy bed and pillows, but I was disappointed. I would have thought the hotel invested more in sleep than a lobby. It took me awhile to fall asleep. I have stayed at the Hampton Inn and Hyatt Place at the airport before and was happy with the beds, but I thought I would try this new hotel. I am not sure if I will be back. The hotel is lovely, breakfast was good, and the staff was great. But, I did not enjoy the beds or pillows.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Dear ClarkWaupun_WI,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is great to hear you found our hotel gorgeous and lovely as well as the breakfast good and great staff. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it is regrettable you were not fully satisfied with the beds and pillows. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations. We value your feedback and we hope to have another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Once again many thanks for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I loved my stay at this Holiday Inn. Everything was new and clean. It was decorated beautifully. I was staying because of business but I would go back just because of the relaxed atmosphere. The front desk staff was great. The shuttle service was excellent.The breakfast was great. I love the pancake maker! Comfortable bed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 1ohd1
Daniel F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

10hd1,

We are so excited to hear of how enjoyable your stay with us was.

The entire staff hopes for your return soon!

Thank You for choosing us as your choice of hotel.