“Awesome Hole In The Wall”

Happy Gillis Cafe & Hangout
Ranked #126 of 1,424 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Diner
Manhattan, Kansas
“Awesome Hole In The Wall”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I check this place out after seeing it on Diners Dives and Drive Ins...and man was I happy I did. These little hole in the wall places are THE BEST!
Great atmosphere, great food, great price! I will defiantly go back anytime I'm in Kansas City!

• Visited June 2013

Sikeston, Missouri
“Wish we had not gone.”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I very seldom submit a negative review but this is one. Reviews sounded amazing. Not to be! Canned biscuits?? If it wasnt canned gravy too i apologize for a mis statement. Two orders of it, side of bacon, 1 coffee--$21!! They used some seasoning on gravy that we did not like, don't mess with sausage gravy!! Decor was neat. Seemed to be nice place for girlfriends to meet. Lovly table settings

• Visited June 2013
Fairway, Kansas
“this local's fav”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I go every week. A favorite for this local foodie. It's always fresh and good and relaxing. The soup is amazing and I like the soup and 1/2 sandwich combo.

• Visited May 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Love this place!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

If you don't like Happy Gillis Cafe & Hangout, then you are just boring. Go when you aren't in a rush to get anywhere. We went for breakfast - the food was awesome and I knew right away it was a great place because the coffee was good. One person took our order, another person cooked it, and another person delivered it. They had 3 people working. We had a great time at HGCH and will return soon!

• Visited May 2013
Missouri
“Super cool!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This cafe is like a step back in time with vintage furnishings. Quality ingredients were used in their limited but sufficient menu. Excellent food quality and great coffees. We will definitely return to this KC jewel.

Visited May 2013