“Trendy, delicious food”
Review of Gram & Dun

Gram & Dun
Reserve with OpenTable
Gram & Dun is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,496 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pennsylvania
Description: Gram & Dun brings culinarily-driven fare, while paying special attention to pairing food with libations. It's a place "for the people" where we can relax and enjoy the neighborhood vibe while we test theories of food, drink and the evolution of good times. Our local owners and staff bring a unique, modern environment to this ideal Plaza location where we have revived the best patio in town, making Gram & Dun an enticing landmark for locals and visitors alike. In addition, Gram & Dun honors the traditional by bringing revered dishes to the forefront and adding our own special touch, and welcomes seasonality by adjusting to the natural changes our tastes succumb to as the year progresses, all in an effort to provide the best to patrons with exquisite taste. Gram & Dun: sophisticated, soulful and crafted.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We liked this restaurant so much, we went out of our way to go back two weeks later. The menu is so different from other restaurants offering fun pairings of food (bacon for dessert!) From Vegetarian sandwiches to perfectly cooked steaks, there was something for everyone. I especially loved the beer selection.

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and service every time I've been. This place never disappoints. If you've never been, go. You won't be sorry you did!

1  Thank Melissa H
Reviewed April 25, 2013

At first put off by the "Gastro Pub" categorization of the place, we had dinner on a Sunday evening, and were pleasantly surprised at the width and breadth of the menu, as well as its originality. As noted in other reviews, their "tator tot" is a wonderful joke on the species, and remarkably good considering how it must be made. While I typically don't eat oysters in the middle of the country, I had both half shell and fried, and they were excellent, if somewhat tame, Chesapeakes. We had their creamed brussels sprouts side dish and while it was tasty, we couldn't track down any of the bacon claimed to be in the dish. Cocktails were well prepared, (where else do you find an Sazerac listed on a cocktail menu?) and we noticed that there was a bar manager checking all drinks to make sure they were correct. Nice touch. While we dined inside, the patio was open and despite a stiff wind and cool temps, the heaters and fire pits on the patio seemed to be keeping everyone warm enough. Attentive wait staff, lovely venue.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Oh goodness, everything that night was perfect! We went to G&D to celebrate my husband and his best friend's 30th birthdays. I chose G&D based on a friend's recommendation. The service we received was amazing! Everyone was so pleasant and helpful, but everyone also had a bit of personality which really added to the evening. At one point when my friend and I commented that the napkins were getting white fuzzies on our little black dresses, out of no where we were presented with nice clean black napkins to solve the problem. I was amazed!

Not only was the service amazing, but the food and drinks were spectacular! As is our group's custom, everything on the table was fair game so I think I ended up trying a half dozen drinks and entrees. Each one was amazing and I can't wait to go back and try what I missed.

Lastly, the atmosphere was spectacular. Being on the plaza helps get things started, but the patio is the best in town. The fires helped cut the cold as the sun went down, which just meant we got to stay that much longer and have another round of drinks and dessert! And the music was great. Never obnoxious (not too loud or annoying song choices), but we were aware of it enough that it made for fun conversation at times.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Outstanding food... Burger is really delicious as was short rib grilled cheese. Paul, our server, was very personable, polished and friendly...pretty sure we're going back for brunch!