“Top notch service”
Review of Seasons 52

Seasons 52
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 1,496 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We did not have reservations, but were able to get a table for 4 in just under 30 minutes. Our server came over to introduce himself and see if we needed drinks other than water to start. He was gone a little longer than we had expected, but he apologized profusely upon his return and went over the menu thoroughly with us. We had our 2 youngest children with us, which seemed to be offputting to other diners. Our server, Matt, gave us some recommendations and offered us the 'kids' choices - which were not on the menu. We ordered a couple of appetizers, including a flatbread (signature dish) which was fabulous. When the main dishes came out the girls orders were incorrect and the server who brought them was quick to take them away. Our server rushed over and asked what was wrong. We explained the mix-up and he immediately went to check on the problem. When he returned he said that because the girls had to wait for their dinner he would pay for theirs and buy them dessert, if it was approved by us. The girls were not unhappy that they had to wait, as they got to share our meals with us. Our not-picky eater loved the fresh vegetables and the fish.
The flavors of the dishes were all wonderful. The service was superb. The staff was all friendly, and our server was superb. I have never had a server who wanted nothing but to make the experience top-notch. The manager also came by to apologize for what he said was slow service and the mix-up in the children's meals. When I said it was really no problem, he politely informed me that it is not what they strive for.
Highly recommend for food and service.

1  Thank Katherine H

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Have visited this restaurant on several occasions. Atmosphere, food, and service are worth the trip to this Plaza eatery.

1  Thank FriendlyAdvisor44535
Reviewed June 5, 2013

40 of us enjoyed a private banquet with several courses and wine pairing. The wine selection was excellent, the food wonderful and in line with the restaurant's theme of providing wonderful food with limited calories. The wait staff was impressive and very very responsive. What a wonderful special occasion experience.

2  Thank chuckbianco
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Ate here with my boyfriend a couple weeks back - we were in no rush, but the food did take longer than anticipated. The management felt bad for the slow service ended up comping our appitizer and dessert without hesititation. I love it when managers know that repeat business is more important than one sale. Definitely will be going back.

2  Thank jenniferh795
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I have been to other Seasons 52 locations as well. The food here was just as good as I experienced elsewhere. Unfortunately things weren't running too smoothly for the restaurant last night. They were serving a 64 person table that seemed to throw everyone out of whack. We were in the restaurant for over two hours. Our server was great and was in constant communication with us. The manager apologized three different times as well. They ended up taking care of our dinner bill for us and bought us one of every desert they have. I think that was more than fair for our wait. Mistakes happen at times but great places recover well. My steak was very good. The salmon was phenomenal according to my wife. The goat cheese ravioli was the only dish that didn't receive raving reviews at my table of 7. I highly recommend this place and can't wait to go back.