“Exceptional Staff”

Days Inn Kansas City
Ranked #89 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The quality of customer service at this motel exceeded that of more expensive ones. Desk clerk Chris is a gem and Paddy will share whatever you need. Very quick to satisfy. Great espresso in the morning. We did not want for anything at this facility and appreciate the attentiveness of the staff. They definitely added to the pleasurable stay.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Kina G, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your visit and that our staff went above and beyond to satisfy your needs during your stay. We hope you choose us again on your next visit to the area!

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Having an adventure. I got into bed and my thigh began to get wet. I lifted my nightie and sniffed. Urine. Not happy. The night manager tried to blame the pee on me (who had arrived 30 minutes prior). The live in staff brought us his own personal mattress at 12:30 am after realizing a towel and new sheets weren't going to cut it. Kudos to him, but it smelled like smoke. Not a plus. Breakfast ends at 10, but at 9 there was no waffle mix, no orange juice, nothing in the hot plate after I killed the last sausage, and granola but no yogurt. I want to be nice, but this place is obviously not run with attention to quality and detail . Update: someone just filled the waffle dispenser after 20 min, but there is no syrup. Day two: the waffle dispenser nozzle broke off in my husband's hand and the morning manager asked my husband "what he had done." I wish he has answered the truth: trying to choke down a new breakfast after finding green mold and a hair on his biscuit. Nasty man (staff, not my husband). And don't use their lobby bathroom: At check in, I has to use it without a working light. I used it again in daytime at breakfast--didn't improve with vision. Full garbage with no bag liner. Short story: this place is disgusting.

More day 2: Noticed a broken lamp in my room: lightbulb trying to catch the lampshade on fire in my room--housekeeping ignored. Hope I don't burn to death.

Night 3: From 10 pm to now 4 am we have a bunch of noisy humorless ghetto wannabes using the N* word and otherwise enacting bad TV drama outside the paper thin front door of our room. It's actually kind of frightening as it sounds like they are in the room with us even at normal volume of speech. I'm thinking of fleeing but am too scared to do it now. I will echo the reviewer that said the hotel phone does not dial into the lobby--you have to call on your cell. And reading the trite management response on other reviews that they are "updating their rooms" does not hold water. There is no sign of anything but neglect, decay and melodrama. Wouldn't be surprised if this was a local drug den. Would never let anyone whose life, health or sleep I cared about stay in this hotel. Sad, scary place.

Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Pentaburks

Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us. We want to apologize for all the issues during your stay. We are working to fix these issues as we never want this to happen again with any of our guests. We are currently working on updating our rooms and it's a slow process but with new furniture and decor coming in this month, it should be completed soon. Thank you again for bringing these issues to our attention so that we may fix them properly.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

The bed was comfortable and it was reasonably clean, but the poorly placed air conditioner failed to cool the room. The pool is in the parking lot and very uninviting. The lobby appeared to have been renovated nicely, but was full of boxes. Location is probably good for people visiting the VA, but otherwise is not close to amenities.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Kina G, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Pleased to hear that the beds ere comfortable for your stay. Thank you for letting us know your concerns so that we may become a better hotel.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Kina G, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Reviewed June 7, 2014

DON'T Stay!! They need dehumidifiers-so much moisture and smell. Road traffic and Sirens all night!! In night heard drip- later heard more-got up -water running out of ceiling in bathroom. Unable to use bathroom or shower. Got up -dressed (certainly leaving) went to front desk told them problem ...they said person in above room left water running in tub and passed out drunk. I did not believe-they did not even go to that room. I said then that person needs pay for my room since I have to leave. They credited $39.00 was all. I think they had pipe leak! Took pictures-- see moisture on walls they painted, I would not be surprised if there is a MOLD issue!! Will NEVER stay there again. Also no hair dryers or Clocks in rooms. Bedspread had cigarette burns on it.

Room Tip: I am choosing 1 to rate because it won't let me do negative. That is so this review will get upl...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doris R
Kina G, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We are taking everything you mentioned into consideration and making some great changes. Our rooms are getting updates as well. Again, we apologize for the less than stellar stay.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

AWFUL! Stayed there May 31 (Friday Night/Party Night), selected motel due to location being close to Arrowhead Stadium. Hotel staff at check in was very pleasant and rooms were okay, smelt musty. You can tell they had been updated new onyx in bathrooms. It was for one night and cheap! Well you get want you pay for. First in a sketching neighborhood and the other residents at motel were partiers. Laughing, yelling and playing music most of the night. The partiers took a break from 3 to 4 am and again around 6 am. Room phone would not dial main desk (convenient). Had to look up and call them on cell phone. Definitely did not want to leave room. She (person answering phone) informed me there was nothing she could do about the noise. Next morning at breakfast, I meet three guest with same experience. The morning guy at desk was not friendly at all…. There was a mini refrigeration in breakfast room with yogurt in it that was locked. He informed the guest, asking for one, that the yogurts were for staff.. REAL you have it the area for guest and it is for staff only. He then went to back and got a key and unlocked it for them to get one and locked up again. Breakfast was okay, sausage & gravy but no biscuits- weird, cereal, muffins. Do not stay there for the convenience – terrible place to stay!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelle D

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We want to apologize for all the noise and we will definitely do something about that. We are unsure why the room phone would not dial the front desk as they all do. We will take everything you have said into consideration while making some updates and changes to our hotel. We do hope you give us another try after the changes gave been made.