I, myself am a Days Inn employee so I'm always eager to stay at other properties to see what they are doing to keep their guests happy. I would say that my stay at this Days Inn was average. I chose this hotel because it is close to the downtown/plaza area, very convenient. First, the positives:
1. It looks like the lobby/rooms have been remodeled within the past few years (new carpet and paint if nothing else). The aesthetic was very nice.
2. The beds were AMAZING. Some of the best I've stayed in, 5 stars and down......SO comfortable, if like me, you like a super soft bed.
3. The lobby/rooms were clean and for the most part quiet.
Now for the negatives:
1. I'm not sure if it's just because I'm a fellow Wyndham employee, but the man who checked me in (I'm assuming the owner), was a little abrasive, if not rude. When I explained to him I was a Days Inn employee from another city he gave me this look of pity and said "Oh...." then proceeded to tell me about the brand new property they're building. (Competitive much?) But what really rubbed me the wrong way was when he said, "I bet you get a lot of complaints, huh?" Out of nowhere! His hotel was nice, but not nice enough to be talking down on other properties he isn't even aware of.
2. Even though the room looked newly-remodeled it was still full of issues/annoyances. There was a hole in the wall near the bathroom and we had to end up unplugging the refrigerator as it was SO loud. The HVAC unit is directly under the window which caused the warm air coming out to cycle underneath the curtains and not into the room. The bathrooms are small considering there is a large amount of unused, tiled space directly outside of it. Finally, it looks as though the remodel was done hastily or on a tight budget, the edge-work was sloppy and as stated earlier there were some holes/cracks in the walls.
3. Finally, we were not able to use the pool as it was closed, but from what I saw it is WAY too small to enjoy anyway. I don't think I've ever seen a pool that tiny.
Overall, I would stay at this property again, maybe on a day when I can check in with a different employee. In reality, the beds would be the only thing bringing me back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located off I-70 and Van Brunt near KC Chiefs and Royals Stadiums, VA Hospital, Plaza Area, Downtown. Newly, completely renovated with modern ameneties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Days Inn Kansas City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.