“My Favorite Place for Breakfast”
Review of Kate's Kitchen

Kate's Kitchen
Ranked #64 of 1,415 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a local family owned breakfast and lunch restaurant. God bless you and thank you for checking us out.
Kansas City, Missouri
“My Favorite Place for Breakfast”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Kate's Kitchen is THE big favorite for breakfast for everyone in my part of KC, which is Gladstone and immediately adjacent KC North. Great coffee, excellent service, some really terrific breakfast options. My fav is chicken fried chicken with eggs, though there are many more terrific menu items. Service at Kates's is always with a smile, and they're ever attentive to your needs and requests. A wonderful place for breakfast and Lunch too.

Carey

• Visited March 2013

Parkville, Missouri
“I've eaten in NJ diners”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I will say my first trip to Kate's kitchen was no New Jersey diner experience quiet, packed on a Sunday morning and the breakfast was excellent had the waffle platter with a twist I got French toast on it so I got eggs and ham My wife had the chicken fried chicken and eggs in a Biscuit delicious. The excellent part was we arrived there at 10:55 our ticket said we ordered at 11:03. Bailey our server was spot on the restaurant was packed yet she was so attentive she was at our table making sure our drinks never got empty our food was good, excellent service. We paid our check and were out the door tummies full at 11:30. I am from the Midwest, I don't know why I can't find bad restaurants in the north land I guess I'm just not looking really hard or they just don't exist. Or maybe I use trip advisor to find the bad ones and just never go there, yeah that's probably it. Another fine restaurant in the Northland Kates kitchen go to it you won't be dissatisfied.

1 Thank KCRACIN
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
“Nice place.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Kate's came very highly recommended from a regular customer. Staff was very friendly and attentive even though the place was jammed on a Sunday morning. Food came quickly. Unlimited coffee pot. The waitress warned my husband that three slices of french toast may be too much to finish. We were surprised when the portion was just normal - really. He said it was very moist and tasty though. I had blueberry pancakes which weren't that great. Skimpy on the blueberries and I've had better batter. Our cousin ordered a California style omelet with avocado. It looked very good. Maybe I'm spoiled because breakfast in a NJ diner is hard to beat. My expectations in KC won't be so high next time and maybe I'll enjoy it more.

• Visited February 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Northland Needs This!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Alas, a restaurant north of the river in KC that is NOT A CHAIN! Kate's serves breakfast and lunch only; its the breakfast that brings us back frequently. For about $6-8/person, you are going to enjoy a quickly prepared, well conceived fresh breakfast. Portions are generous, ingredients clearly fresh, and the specials always excellent. Substitutions are welcomed without a fuss. Servers are friendly and fast with the refills. Kate's has become a Northland neighborhood destination. Patrons see each other often, because we all just keep going back. Beware, Kate's is quite popular on Saturday and Sunday mornings -- but don't be scared away; the wait will be short (rarely more than 15-20 minutes, and it is worth it. Try the Southern Cal omelet and add green chilies. Or Ronnie's French toast. Or, ....well just about anything. Now if we could only convince Kate's to open for dinner....

• Visited January 2013
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I visited this place for the first time a few weeks ago with a friend. I was amazed and impressed with the amount of food, the service, the price etc. I will definitely be visiting this place again.