“Five stars if you improve the seats!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
American Heartland Theatre
Ranked #91 of 153 things to do in Kansas City
Lincoln, NE
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Five stars if you improve the seats!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We just saw the opening night of Hound of the Baskervilles, and really enjoyed it! Very talented cast, great set, costumes and special effects. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful, and service at the bar was quick. My only complaint is the seats - they're quite awful, especially after 45 minutes (and I'm only 5'2" tall). I have no idea how taller people avoid leg cramps. Still, I wouldn't hesitate to go to another production.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Julie P

Kansas City, Missouri
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“crown center location”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Small intimate seating. Very comfortable with nice bar reception area. Nice crown center location. Fun live theatre. Mostly comedy.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Cheryl K
Winfield, Kansas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome theatre”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Attended the showing of "Making God Laugh". The show was excellent and the theatre was awesome. Comfortable lounge prior to seating and plush seats in the theatre. Most reviews mention there's not a bad seat in the house... and that's true. I love live theatre and I was not disappointed with our visit.

Visited October 2012
Las Cruces, New Mexico
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Very Fun, Quality Theater”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I saw the Music Man. I am not particularly fond of this production, but they did a fantastic job. The actors were all really talented and the band was full of excellent musicians. I did this on the last night of a business trip and really found that it was a great way to remember Kansas City. It was so good, I would see any production they put on!

Visited August 2012
Kansas
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Not a bad seat in the house”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is a great little theater right in Crown Center. The shows are good and there really isn't a bad seat in the place. The staff is great and you are even allowed to bring food and drinks purchased from the bar into the theater. They also validate your parking ticket for Crown Center's garage so parking is free. We've been season ticket holders for years and always look forward to our confirmed "date night".

Visited August 2012