“Horrible. No other way to describe.”

Motel 6 Kansas City North - Airport
Ranked #80 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Do not stay here! I made a list of the things that were wrong with the room, some were housekeeping issues, others were safety issues. Here's the list:
There were 2 beds - one bed had no top sheet, one bed had a top sheet but it was "short sheeted". One pillow had no pillow case, one pillow was so disgustingly lumpy it should have been thrown out years ago, the bathroom smelled like urine, garbage was left in the garbage can, the back of the desk chair had something sticky on it. Safety issues - the frames on the windows were broken so that the windows could no longer be latched closed, the lights by the bed didn't work. And one other problem, when I tried to call the service number that they had given me to call if I had problems with the wifi (which I did) rang through to a Missouri cell phone of a guy who was definitely NOT the wifi tech.
I gave the above list to the front staff in the morning and no apology was offered, just the following explanation: we're remodeling the hotel starting at the other end so that room will be remodeled eventually. Well, the first room they tried to put me in was in the "remodeled" wing of the hotel and that one wasn't any better and the air conditioning was broken so I had them move me to a different room. Just don't stay here, it's not good at all.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank NrthwoodsGal
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Kansas City North - Airport

Reviewed January 28, 2010

It wasn't the poorest experience I've ever had, but it was close. We chose this hotel from the others in the area because we needed a room on the way up to Omaha. This was cheap at $40 a night.

We got a room for three people with two beds. The room was tiny. The beds almost touched the TV stand. The TV was very old and didn't have many channels. Outlet had exposed wiring. The bathroom was tiny, and the door was cut to fit around the toilet. The shower stall was very cool, though since it was round. The smoke detector was just a bunch of exposed copper wires hanging down from the ceiling. We found the actual detector in the cabinet under the TV.

The beds were uncomfortable and low to the ground, which was annoying because light came in from the overhead lights outside right into our eyes while sleeping. The area didn't look particularly safe either, especially by daylight.

Like all Motel 6's, there was no breakfast. No shampoo either. Just one bar of soap.

This place was pretty bare bones, even for a Motel 6.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2009

this should be condemmed, stopped in at 10;00 pm at night , got a room very tired been on the bike riding from branson to eureka springs throughout kansas. too tired to shower do it in morning eat, head for home. well it rained and rained hard that night my girl friend and i woke up to loud sounds of water running. what the hell i said, got up and water was running through the roof in the bath room at such volume that we grabbed all the towels we had to put them in the door way to keep the water back into the bathroom.there was at least an inch of standing water in the bathroom. we had to get all our gear and clothes up on the bed, no sleep, so as 6;30 rolls around i go down to the front desk to get coffee and towels and tell the guy at the front desk about the room and ask for more towels he tells me i have to wait for the cleaning lady to come and he will send her up with the towels so as 10;00 comes around we finally get our towels i show her the bathroom she says oh my, I shower go to front office talk to the guy again now he tells me he cant do nothing for me cause it is past 9;30 but i have been down there 5 times had to wait for the house cleaner for towels now you tell me its too late so out of a 62 $ room I tell the guy how about 40$ no can do he says i tried and tried no go.but he tells me he can give me a free room I dont want a free room I got to go home. so a long story to a close we have pics of this room the water had to go somewere and that would be down to the next room below so this hotel has mold water running though it bad very bad management poor coffee and to tell you something Iam a roofer this building has mold it will make you sick stay away the walls and ceilings need to be gutted the roof needs to be repaired its junk start over if you want to call me feel free 641-590-3176 please room 204 this hotel is kansas city north-airport #4483 off of highway 71 to 29 exit 8

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2008

Only stayed one night while visiting our son in Kansas City, and the only reason we chose this motel was because it allowed a small pet...and we had our dachshund with us.

The room was functional and pretty clean. I'd say my biggest complaint was uncomfortable pillows and lots of noise whenever someone slammed their door (which seemed like most of the night). It even scared the dog :)

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2008

I am a truck driver. I stoped in one day needing somewhere to stay the night. I asked before parking my truck if it was alright if I stayed there. They said yes. I stayed there 3 times over a 2 week period. The fourth time I pulled in to stay there I went in to get my room where I was met by someone behind the counter and told that the other guests were complaining about my truck being there and I could stay that night but I would no longer be welcome there. So if this is the way they treat there LOYAL customers then they can do without my business and I will do all I can to make sure they do without other peoples business as well.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank joeshmoetrkdriver
Reviewed July 4, 2007

I don't know where to begin! The main door to the room had mold all over it and there were huge gaps between the door and the frame so I'm glad we didn't stay in the winter!!! The bathroom door wouldn't close or latch at all. I called the front desk about it 3 times during our stay and was assured it would be taken care of right away. Nothing was done in the 3 days we were there. We found multiple "critters" in the room, most of them were cockroaches (and most of them were still alive). The carpet was filthy and the shower was never cleaned by the housekeepers during our stay. My nephew had an accident in the bed one night and the housekeeper just pulled the sheets back up instead of changing them even though we left it so it was easily visible. We asked for additional towels since there were 4 guests in the room (they left enough for 3 guests) and didn't get those until the next morning when we had to go to the front office to get them. This was not worth the savings at all.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)