“truck drivers not welcome”

Motel 6 Kansas City North - Airport
Ranked #73 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
oklahoma
“truck drivers not welcome”
Reviewed April 17, 2008

I am a truck driver. I stoped in one day needing somewhere to stay the night. I asked before parking my truck if it was alright if I stayed there. They said yes. I stayed there 3 times over a 2 week period. The fourth time I pulled in to stay there I went in to get my room where I was met by someone behind the counter and told that the other guests were complaining about my truck being there and I could stay that night but I would no longer be welcome there. So if this is the way they treat there LOYAL customers then they can do without my business and I will do all I can to make sure they do without other peoples business as well.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Rude Staff
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank joeshmoetrkdriver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Omaha, NE
Reviewed July 4, 2007

I don't know where to begin! The main door to the room had mold all over it and there were huge gaps between the door and the frame so I'm glad we didn't stay in the winter!!! The bathroom door wouldn't close or latch at all. I called the front desk about it 3 times during our stay and was assured it would be taken care of right away. Nothing was done in the 3 days we were there. We found multiple "critters" in the room, most of them were cockroaches (and most of them were still alive). The carpet was filthy and the shower was never cleaned by the housekeepers during our stay. My nephew had an accident in the bed one night and the housekeeper just pulled the sheets back up instead of changing them even though we left it so it was easily visible. We asked for additional towels since there were 4 guests in the room (they left enough for 3 guests) and didn't get those until the next morning when we had to go to the front office to get them. This was not worth the savings at all.

• Liked — warm shower
  • Disliked — filth and nonworking facilities
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Travelers also viewed these Kansas City hotels
#41 of 109 in Kansas City
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
#5 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Motel 6 Kansas City North - Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Kansas City North - Airport

Property: Motel 6 Kansas City North - Airport
Address: 8230 NW Prairie View Road, I-29/US Hwy 71 at Exit #8/N.W. Barry Rd, Kansas City, MO 64151-1046
Location: United States > Missouri > Kansas City
Wheelchair access
Ranked #73 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Kansas City North - Airport 2*
Motel 6 Kansas City North - Airport is located off I-29 exit 8, near shops, entertainment and the Kansas City International Airport. Restaurants are within walking distance. Enjoy Wi-Fi available in all of our modern rooms and our seasonal outdoor pool.**Pool is closed for renovation until further notice**. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Motel-6, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Motel 6 Kansas City North - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Kansas City Motel 6