“Entirely awesome”

Dining options: Seating
Sun City West, Arizona
“Entirely awesome”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Service was friendly and attentive, atmosphere was great and the food..... Best fajitas I've ever had! A friendly warning though.... the food here is VERY spicy, so if that is not your cup of tea, you may not like it. Best part of all - they are familiar and accommodating of gluten free food! (Extra credit for that!)

• Visited October 2012

Kansas City, Missouri
“Second Choice This Time - First Choice Next”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

So we left home, planning to go to the American Royal Friday night event ...saw several thousand other vehicles that seemed to have the same idea ... decided that paying $20.00 to park a mile or so away from the event on a cold and windy night held less than total appeal, so happened upon Hickock's on the way back home. It looked welcoming, parking was easy, so in we went.

No wait for a table for 2 on Friday night ... possibly because the rest of the world was at the Royal ... was just the beginning to a truly, totally pleasant dining experience. Good food, knowledgable and helpful staff, interesting and varied menu ... well worth several return trips.

Visited October 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Place for lunch in River Market”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This is a fantastic place to go for lunch. The food is excellent! I had the fish and chips, it was served with this AMAZING slaw on the side and the fish was breaded perfectly. I will definitely be back to try more items!

• Visited May 2012
Manhattan, Kansas
“Great find!”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My husband and I were killing time in the City Market Area. It was hot and we were hungry. We decided some bar food sounded good. The food was really good, the prices were great, and I loved the atmosphere (lots of old brick.) The menu was unique (you can find it on their website.) My husband had the fried burger (yum) and I had the shrimp enchiladas (yum). I don't care for rice and beans so asked for a substitution. They offered me corn or slaw. I chose the slaw...it was so good! I believe it was actually lettuce (romaine maybe?) and a sweet jalapeno vinagrette...again, yum! The chips were fresh and good, the salsa was different (different = nice!) I don't think I'll find myself in this area again but if I do I WILL go back!

• Visited May 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Friday Friendly during Lent”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Had lunch last Friday with a friend at this River Market watering hole and restaurant. Was pleased to see that they had a 25% off special on all seafood dishes during Lent. I had the shrimp enchiladas and thought that they were pretty good. Each enchilada had two medium shrimp that were cooked well and topped with queso sauce - beans and rice came on the side. My friend had their BLT and fries. I thought that the draft beer selection was pretty limited for a saloon type of venue. I will go back.

• Visited February 2012