“Best Food of Our Trip to KC”
Review of Corner Cafe

Corner Cafe
Ranked #57 of 1,461 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: There has always been a small restaurant at the “Corner” in Riverside, Missouri. Enter Ed & Kathi Rule. They had never been in the restaurant business before, but they always felt they knew what good food was all about. It began on May 15, 1983, when they opened a little 40-seat cafe that served breakfast and lunch. The CORNER CAFE was born. Expansions and new buildings have been built, but we continue the traditions that started back in 1983. We strive to provide the best products, the best service, and the best value in an atmosphere that makes you feel like you’re part of the family.
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Used Trip Advisor to find this gem of a restaurant. The food was excellent in generous portions. Service was fast and very attentive. We enjoyed the comfort food very much! Would dine here again and drive across town to get there if necessary. Pricing was reasonable with many choices in all food categories. There was even a motorcycle perched above the booths on booth dividers. Very good job of decorating and making us feel welcome!

1  Thank arejbee1

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My family ate here on a spur of the moment breakfast craving. Boy, am I glad we stopped! The service was second-to-none and the food was phenomenal. The french toast I had was far better than IHOP and Perkins combined. Also, just a tip, they have ginormous cinnamon rolls that completely cover a normal sized plate, and they are to-die-for! I STRONGLY recommend this cafe!

1  Thank McKenna K
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Came as a family.

We enjoyed the burgers, salads, grilled chicken and baked potatoes.

Everyone was happy.

However, the best was saved for last. We had both the peach and BlackBerry cobbler. Very delicious.

1  Thank Jamgrace
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Three of us dined together and shared our sides with each other: corn nuggets, sweet potato fries, and fresh-made onion rings. Hard to say which was the best. We had one of those rare waitresses who seems to know what you want before you want it. The food was excellent, and as I mentioned in the title, it's comfort food. Translation: really yummy. For dessert we split a gigantic slice of their pineapple nut cake. So good; not too sweet -- just right. If I lived in KC it would be really hard to stay on my healthy eating plan. Tip if you are doing Weight Watchers: don't try to count points, just make it one of those times when you really enjoy the food and the atmosphere. Then go back on plan the next day.

1  Thank Jerri K
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I went here with some friends a few days ago for lunch and walking in you can smell the cinnamon rolls as soon as you open the door.

We took a booth and got right into the menu.

I ordered the fried chicken fillet sandwich with cheese and bacon. This sammich was AWESOME!
The sweet potato fries I got with it were amazing, as well.

I even got to spend most of the time looking at the 1945 Indian motorcycle. Gotta love that!!!

I will go back for food there again. Count on it!