“Performing Arts Center”

Kansas City, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Performing Arts Center”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went to a performance at this venue. Parking was excellent. So nice you do not have to go outside to enter the venue. Every seat in the house is excellent. Seating very comfortable and wide. All employees very knowledgable about the venue and also very friendly.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Coachlite

Topeka, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful place to see a show”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This center is unlike any performing center we have been to. It is very contemporary on the outside. Sound is incredible and seats are comfortable.

1 Thank BrowneEyedGirl456
Los Angeles, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“State of the Art Facility!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife came to visit me while I was making a reality show with the Kansas City Police Department. We've spent a lot of time in New York and live in Los Angeles. We're serious theater snobs. Slightly reminiscent of the opera house in Sydney, just based on the exterior of the facility, we kind of had high expectations of the concert hall itself. Well, we went to see the theater's performance of "The Barber of Seville." Theater snobs that we are, we were not just impressed with the performances of the large cast, but the acoustics and over all ambience of the facility blew us away. The Oscars or Grammys could be hosted here! The design and decorative aesthetic is easily the measure of any of the great venues in Los Angeles. The only one that has it beat in my opinion (but how can you beat being outside, under the stars, and in perfect weather?) is the Hollywood Bowl. Still, very impressive. I don't know when I'll be back in Kansas City, but, when I am, if there's a performance of any play going on at the Kauffman Center, I'll be there!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank BigDBill
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Jewle box in Kansas City”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Regularly attend events ant the Kauffman Center. Parking is easy, staff is attentive and while the lobby is somewhat stark and cold, the interier of the Murial Kauffman theatre is like being iside of a faberge egg. It is stunning. I have yet to attend a performance in Helzberg Hall, but can't wait to see and hear.

1 Thank Scott S
st louis
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ballet! very cool”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

took my daughter to see the ballet here. Very modern building. Great setting, great seats (not too expensive) and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening.