“What a Dump! Stay Away!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ken's Place

Ken's Place
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kansas City
Ken's Place
You added Ken's Place to your Saves list
18 West 38th St., Kansas City, MO   |
Ranked #9 of 12 Kansas City B&B and Inns
Nebraska
“What a Dump! Stay Away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We went to KC for a wedding and saw Ken's B&B photo on a web site. The photo looked nice. We found the house is in a bad neighborhood of Kansas City. The owner greeted us with a cigarette in hand and the owner's dog's jumped upon us and scratched us. The owner was indifferent. Our non-smoking room smelled smokey, but the whole house was smokey because the owners smoke. We had no drinking glasses in our room -- not even plastic glasses. There was no place to get water. The ceiling was falling down. The halls were dark and the place was seedy. I told my partner we should have left after we first arrived. Two large window shades had fallen and were lying on the floor -- one in the bathroom and one in the bedroom. I was afraid to sleep on the mattress and checked for bed bugs. I saw no active bugs, but did see evidence they had been there at an earlier time. I am glad I only stayed one night and that was too much! The dogs barked every time someone came in or left the house. I was only there 10 hours but it seemed like days. They worst was we had to pay $85 for the privilege of staying there. I cannot recommend Ken's Place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends