We went to KC for a wedding and saw Ken's B&B photo on a web site. The photo looked nice. We found the house is in a bad neighborhood of Kansas City. The owner greeted us with a cigarette in hand and the owner's dog's jumped upon us and scratched us. The owner was indifferent. Our non-smoking room smelled smokey, but the whole house was smokey because the owners smoke. We had no drinking glasses in our room -- not even plastic glasses. There was no place to get water. The ceiling was falling down. The halls were dark and the place was seedy. I told my partner we should have left after we first arrived. Two large window shades had fallen and were lying on the floor -- one in the bathroom and one in the bedroom. I was afraid to sleep on the mattress and checked for bed bugs. I saw no active bugs, but did see evidence they had been there at an earlier time. I am glad I only stayed one night and that was too much! The dogs barked every time someone came in or left the house. I was only there 10 hours but it seemed like days. They worst was we had to pay $85 for the privilege of staying there. I cannot recommend Ken's Place to anyone.