“A good place to spend the night”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport
Ranked #82 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I was at this hotel on June 1st and I have to say that even though I didn't get there until late and had to leave early the next morning, I was impressed with the service and the room. I will plan on staying here again next time I am in KC.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed June 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed at alot of hotels & motels, & by far this was the nicest, & cheapest. Yes, the room was small, but it was very clean. The bed was comfortable, the air conditioning worked good. The staff were friendly, no problems checking in or out. We were very impressed & pleased,(my husband is hard to impress). If we ever get this way again we will be staying here. If you don't mind the rooms being on the small side, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chole43366
Reviewed April 27, 2010

I have never stayed at a Microtel in the past, but I wanted a place to stay before a 0530 flight at MCI because I live about 2 hours 30 minutes from the airport. I usually stay at Hampton Inns, the Hilton family, or something similar to a Hampton Inn (Holiday Inn Express, Fairfield, Drury).

After finding a handful of hotels near MCI priced at $50-$60 - combined with the reviews on tripadvisor - I decided to give it a try.

I would not stay here for an extended period. If I were to stay here again, it would only be because it's cheap and close to MCI. This location offers $5/day parking (at the time I stayed with the hotel). I did not utilize the parking as I always use The Parking Spot at MCI.

The Microtel offers a very stripped down free continental breakfast (bagels tasted fine) and it was open at 0400, even though the sign says 0600. There are also two computers in the lobby, no charge for use.

My room on the first floor featured a small microwave and a mini fridge. I have read previous reviews about a charge for the fridge, but I was not made aware of this, nor did I use the fridge since I was at the location for about 5-6 hours. The room does feature an LCD television mounted on the wall, but you may not access HD programming on the television. My room had mirrors on the wall where the headboard would be located (if these rooms had headboards) and the mirros are about 3 feet off the floor to about 6 feet off the ground in height. This mirror runs from the wall with the window to the bathroom wall.

The only soap products offered in the bathroom are bar soap and bar soap. No shampoo, conditioner, etc. The bed was OK. I did not use the pillows on the bed as I will travel my own regular size pillow from home if I drive to a location because of allergies.

In all, this location was about what I expected and slightly less (if that makes sense for any sort of equation). The hotel needs repairs in the hallway (they need to pay better attention to painting detail) and I could hear a crying baby from down the hall with the door to my room closed. I can't speak for airplane noise since it is a hotel near the airport, but I don't believe MCI has a heavy amount of overnight airplane traffic. I only used this Microtel to sleep for a few hours.

Word of advice, if you're looking to save a few bucks and you know you WILL stay at a Microtel, book online in advance because they wouldn't give me the internet rate as a walk-in reservation at the front desk. For the record, the employee(s) was nice.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank BuckeyeHoosier
Reviewed April 23, 2010

This was one of the best places we've stayed. I was a little worried after reading the negative reviews, but our experience was wonderful! The gentleman who checked us in, was very pleasant, and courteous. Our room exceeded our expectations! We had a queen suite, and was very roomy. The bed was to die for!! It was more comfortable than our own bed at home. The sheets were clean, and very soft. The bathroom was clean and provided shampoo/lotion/hairdryer. The window seat was was a nice touch. We had an early flight, and were there basically to sleep. The place was so quiet, we thought we were the only ones there. We left before they set out breakfast, so I can't comment on that. It's only a mile from the airport, which was convenient. This place is very inexpensive, yet felt otherwise. I can't say enough good things about our stay. We will definitely try a Microtel Innl again!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank auntienet45
Reviewed April 5, 2010

A place to sleep, grab a light breakfast and go on with your day.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank smile311
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Nice value. I rented the single queen bed suite. Which consisted of very soft and comfortable queen bed (very comfortable pillows and comforter). The suite had refrigerator, microwave, couch, table, desk, and free wireless internet.. extended cable on a nice 32" LCD TV. Comparable in price to other single bed's in the area, but the suite with the fridge and microwave was the kicker for me as it was only 5 dollars more a night. It was a nice launching point for activities in the city without having to stay in the city. Near the airport, but did not hear any airplanes taking off or landing. Definitely would stay again and refer to friends.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank chadalca76
Reviewed December 3, 2009

Good Value for prepaid price. TV is huge with over 60 channels.Breakfast ok, room on small side but fine for couple of nights if all you need to do is sleep. Walls though a bit thin but not too much noise from next door !

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
#76 of 109 in Kansas City
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs
1 mi away
Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport-Kci East

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!