Folks, listen to the negative reviews of this place. I had one of the worst hotel customer service experiences of my life there.
We arrived at about 10:00 a.m. after our flight got in. We had booked the place through hotels.com, and a room was ready. The catch? We had to pay a $25 surcharge for "early check in." Now the room was ready to go. They simply refused to honor the hotels.com price. When I asked to speak to a manager, he refused to come out, talked with me on the phone, and when he asked me to ask the desk clerk a question, actually said to me, "She's stupid! Put her on the line." I am not making this up. When I asked to speak to the franchise owner, she refused to take my call, but relayed messages through the desk clerk, who was actually trying to be helpful.
The management here is a total joke. I stayed at the Fairfield by Marriott nearby instead, and it was FAR better. Avoid this place at all costs! Such service needs NEVER to be rewarded!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property is recently renovated. We are only 2 miles away from MCI airport. We have 24 hours shuttle service to airport. Free breakfast, free phone calls, free Wi-Fi in rooms and business center in lobby. Our bedding meet any five star hotels bedding standards. We offer complimentary water bottle and cookies. Restaurants and shopping centers are within a 5 miles radius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn & Suites Kansas City Hotel Kansas City
- Microtel Inn And Suites Kansas City
- Microtel Hotel Kansas City
- Microtel Kansas City
- Kansas City Microtel