Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport
Ranked #81 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This hotel was great. I stayed only one night but found it to be very clean and comfortable. The staff were helpful and courteous. Will be looking for this one again. We did get a wake up call that was unscheduled and a bit annoying after a long day, but tolerable. Maid entered our room without knocking at 8 in the morning. Luckily we were not naked nor creating kids. Overall loved the room.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Reviewed June 28, 2014

I should have turned around and walked out of this Microtel when I walked in on an occupied room.

1) I was given a room key for a room that was already occupied- not even the same type of room as the one I reserved. I'd hope someone apologized to that guy, but somehow I doubt that happened based on the demeanor of the man who was checking in guests.

2) I thought I'd reserved a non-smoking room- I had not. My fault- we dealt with it. Or at least we tried to- we went to open the window and found that there was no screen... just open air all the way down the three stories to the ground. Of course we made sure our kids knew not to mess with the window at all.

3) Starting very early in the morning the alarm was going off in a room nearby... for hours. I could hear it quite well- it woke my spouse and I up. We should have called the front desk, but we were both dead tired and not thinking straight.

4) The icing on the cake: as we were gathering our things to leave, my husband asks me if the shirt he has in his hand is mine, he found it in the bed. It was not. Let that sit there for a moment and think about how it might be that someone else's shirt was between the sheets of the bed. I wonder just how long it had been since they were washed.

My husband joked as we left: "Perhaps they leave the screens off so that people can just jump if they wish after spending a night at this hotel." I told him that I should not be the one to decide which hotel we stay in, because I automatically want to save money, and clearly it is a bad idea to go for a cheap hotel like this one. Never staying at any Microtel or Wyndam of any sort ever again.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

The shuttle driver was prompt and courteous as was the desk clerk, however, I was a bit afraid to see my room after looking at the lobby area but was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the bedding was and that the linens smelled nice and clean - no dirty bedspreads but duvets and clean, white sheets.

The bathroom was spotless in my room and while it would not have been my first choice, it was my ONLY choice due to a large conference and I am thankful it turned out as well as it did. I have had worse rooms at Holiday Inn where the lobby was much nicer.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport
Comfort Inn-Kansas City Airport
#48 of 109 in Kansas City
Towneplace Suites Kansas City Airport

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport

Address: 11831 NW Plaza Cir, near Kansas City International Airport, Kansas City, MO 64153-1115
Location: United States > Missouri > Kansas City
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #81 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Price Range: $57 - $143 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport 2*
Our property is recently renovated. We are only 2 miles away from MCI airport. We have 24 hours shuttle service to airport. Free breakfast, free phone calls, free Wi-Fi in rooms and business center in lobby. Our bedding meet any five star hotels bedding standards. We offer complimentary water bottle and cookies. Restaurants and shopping centers are within a 5 miles radius. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn & Suites Kansas City Hotel Kansas City