and 1 more site!
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport
Ranked #82 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We recently stayed here for a 4-night stay; purchased air/rental car/hotel on priceline.com and took a chance on this hotel. Our room was on the 3rd floor, with two queen beds.

PROS: Very specious room. Very Clean. Beds were amazingly comfortable for a budget hotel. Air conditioner worked fine. Breakfast was decent and available early (4:00 am). Parking free. Microwave and fridge in room; flat screen TV. Free wifi internet.

CONS: bathtub was very slippery, and nothing to hold onto for balance. No pool. No restaurant in walking distance.

Would stay again and would recommend.

Room Tip: our room on the third floor was great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Generalmanager24, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Guest:

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 816 270 1200.
Omaha
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Thanks to your responsive staff for their prompt response. Somehow my reservation had me in a smoking room, but they changed me quickly with a smile to non-smoking.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank Larry B
Dear Ron Remington:

Tullamore, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I'm afraid I have to side with the critics on this one. Spending one night in four in hotels and motels, I've learned to take the rough with the smooth. In particular, I don't expect operating-theatre levels of cleanliness in a $79-a-night room. But this Microtel is closer to the "rough" end of the spectrum than most patrons will like. There's very little in the rooms that isn't exuberantly stained: carpets, chairs, sinks, etc. Of the six pillows that awaited me in my twin-bedded room, only one was not deeply yellowed by what looked like several years' accumulation of drool (whether human or canine -- the hotel accepts pets, and it seems that many patrons avail themselves of the facility -- only a forensic scientist could say).

The management is amiable, but overstretched. In the evenings, a single clerk mans the desk and drives the airport shuttle, with the result that he is much more often absent than present. The staff seems to struggle more than a little with the English language -- in the lobby, guests are confronted with a printed notice containing the cryptic announcement "In reference to maintain quality and standard we are under process of shampoo carpet" -- causing difficulty for those patrons whose own English is less than perfect. Overall, it's hard to avoid the impression that the owners are concerned above all with putting as little as possible into the business and taking as much as possible out of it.

On the whole, then, I'd give this one a miss. There are many competitors in the same price range where better value for money will be obtained -- even the Super 8 next door might be a viable alternative. It's not an absolute hell-hole. If all else failed, I'd spend a night here again and take my chances (leaving my clothing and baggage in the bathroom: multi-legged creatures don't like cold tiles) as opposed to crashing out in the back seat of my car. But short of a hurricane or flood, I can't think of anything that would cause me to stay two nights.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Businesstraveller5
Red Bank, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Worst hotel ever.Filthy,dirty conditions. Across from our room was a door held open by broken tiles-beer cans all over,laundry chute open with a broom handle-so unsafe!DO NOT stay here.Shuttle driver was front desk - no ride to the airport when needed. Check in took forever. DO NOT stay here!

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here. Not worth it at all.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Generalmanager24, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Microtel Inn & Suites at kansas city Mo.Please accept my apology for your unpleasant experince at our proeprty. Please give us one more chance to serve you better in future.
We are looking forward for your stay.
IAH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I paid about $40 a night and stayed 2 nights in April. For this price range, this is a great hotel and best value. Free WiFi, average continental breakfast, close to the airport and friendly staffs.
Rooms were nice & clean and in a ok condition. I'm reviewing this place with the price range in mind. Its not the best hotel but best value for the money. Definitely not bad for a night or two. For this price range I have seen really bad motels. If you need just a place to stay near the airport then I would recommend this place.
I didn't face any issues during my stay and also didn't spend much time inside the hotel.
Kansas City airport is pretty lame & outdated. If I come back to this area I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SkyHighTravelLover
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Microtel Inn & Suites at Kansas city Mo. We sincerely appricate your compliments.Your opnion is extermely valuable to us . Please come again in future and give us another chance to serve you.
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We'd say never stay the hotel again in the future for three reasons:

1. Every dirt
2. Not reasonable charge for $25.00 for check in at 12:00 -- we booked the room online with hotels.com. There was no any fine line states we have check in after 3:00 pm. When arrival at 12:00 noon, the front desk say need $25.00 for early check in. Just a cheater.
3. Parking need additional $5.00 per night. There are a lot free parking space surrounding. Just a joke to cost your $$.
4. States having airport picking up. But never show up. Only wast your time!

Overall, it was so bad experiences, advise you never use it!

Room Tip: Chose the next one, called Clarion Hotel, 10 steps away. This is great place!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business