“Fast Check in” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Saint Stephens Church, Virginia
“Fast Check in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Front desk clerk very fast and friendly. The security guard was also friendly. I made this reservation through Choice and they got it wrong. Thankfully the front desk clerk fixed it. I stayed in room 101 and the shower head was like five feet high? I will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Daveydeadeye
VWhitford, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Davey,

Thank you for posting a "5" on our hotel for value, location, sleep quality, rooms, cleanliness and service.

We really appreciate the your staying with us and hope you will return for another visit.

Vicki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
zzz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have stayed here several times and have never had a bad experience. Everyone is always so friendly and helpful. Rooms are very nice and I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Usually a little worried about the area but I haven't had any issues before.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank PassingThru2010
Dear Passing Thru2010,

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for staying with us several times and for rating us "5" in all areas. We very much appreciate this and the fact that you "Love This Hotel"!

Hope to see you soon,

Vicki
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have traveled a lot and this would not be on my top list. Looking for economy and choice awards we decided to stay here. They changed prices on us, they accused us of doing something we didn't do. They do not work with their customers very well. At one point they were nice depending on who you talked to. The rooms were ok. It is in a BAD part of town. Stayed over new years and if at all cost go to crown plaza they actually quoted us a cheaper price after we decided to switch rooms. This hotel kept our deposit. After reporting about our room management denied anything I said. This is the first time I have written a review about a place. I usually don't like to bad mouth places. But this one took the cake for me. Put it this way if you are passing through over night and don't care about anything maybe stay, otherwise definitely not for more than one evening. I know they are remodeling but surroundings are not good and rooms are old. Take pictures of anything you see wrong in a room or you will get charged. They take no responsibility for broken items.

Room Tip: If you want a jacuzzi tub.. there are no walls or curtains and it is in the middle of the room LOL...
Green Features: They do not have environmentally friendly practices. Cold and matter of fact.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank A Dawn B
albany ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very good location for KC. Excellent service. Clean room. Clean bathroom. Nice fitness room. Very nice indoor pool. Very good breakfast. One of the nicest Choice hotels I have been in. I would return here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AEboylston
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

I want to start by saying that in 7 years of working a job that requires a lot of travel, along with many personal and vacation trips, this is the very first negative review I have every given, for hotels, restaurants or anything. I want the reader to understand that point for perspective that this was the worst stay at a hotel compared to several hundred. Sometimes you get what you pay for and in this case it came in the way of customer services. This hotel being the most cost effective within walking distance to where I needed to be in downtown KC, MO. The person working the desk, 'Jess', (worked night shift with dyed red hair in case anyone from Comfort Inn reads this) made my visit absolutely horrendous. She was condescending, very rude and purposefully unhelpful. I feel obligated to make sure everyone I know knows not to stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bryan S
Germantown, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

This Comfort Inn is centrally located to the expressway and all venues of interest both downtown and on the perimeter. Probably the best value for the money in Kansas City. It's clean ,has free parking and a staff which was very helpful in recommending restaurants and places of interest. They freely printed out google maps to get us there and back. Not a swanky place but has everything you need.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with a television crew of 15 and I was blown away by the service. We had about a 1000 changes before we came and another 1000 requests while we were there- Ana, Shirley and Vicki were amazing and accommodated our endless list of demands with the utmost professionalism.

The rooms were basic and comfortable and it seemed like we could get to anywhere in downtown KC in about a 5-15 drive. It was only after I left that I heard the hotel was not located in the best part of the town but I didn't get that impression at all while we were there.

If you are looking for a budget accommodation with amazing customer service and have a car to get around, I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business