“Football Coach's Review - July 18”

Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
Ranked #49 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Greeley, Colorado
“Football Coach's Review - July 18”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

All I really care about is telling you all how wonderful of a job Erin did. She was working EXTREMELY hard and had a wondeful attitude. I am a college football coach and stay in MANY hotels. She did an absolutely wonderful job seeing to all of my needs. I know she has a very hard job so I would appreciate it if you would tell her how highly I thought of her.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
kansascitymolodging, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
WOODY B

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your stay. Erin is a great employee, and very hard working. I will let her know your thoughts on how well of a job she did. And we hope to see you again!! Enjoy your weekend

Cecily Lara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I went to this hotel for 4 nights in July of 2013. I took a group of adults with intellectual disabilities on vacation with 2 chaperons. This hotel was SO accommodating. They changed the location of our rooms last minute to ensure that they were right next to each other. Whenever we re-entered the hotel after an excursion, they asked our vacationers how they were doing, and if they were enjoying their stay. My particular room had a musty smell to it, and so they brought in a dehumidifier immediately and even gave us a discount on our room because of it.

The vacationers that I brought to the Comfort Inn and Suites often get more weird looks and uncomfortable stares rather than welcoming and friendly interactions. However, this hotel's staff was great, and offered my vacationers comfortable and friendly service! Something that I have found is very rare. I am definitely recommending that we continue to visit this hotel when we come to KC!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
kansascitymolodging, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
arcexpeditions

Thank you for leaving us a review on your stay. I am glad you and the others in your party enjoyed your stay. I hope you had plenty of BBQ while in KC...We all hope to see you again on your next trip to KC, and dont forget about the Oklahoma Joe's bbq!!

Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our room was very clean.

We needed directions to Jack Stack restaurant and the Nelson-Atkins museum. She was extremely helpful - she provided us a map so that we did not have to use the free way system. She greeted us every time we saw her, Extremely personable and friendly person.

If you have a large family and are expecting a large pool, you will be disappointed. The pool is small but the water is warm. The deepest depth is only 4'. There is no hot tub.

Once, again, the room was comfortable, and Ana was exceptional in service

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynda F

Thank you for leaving us your thoughts on your stay. I will let Ana know about your kind words regarding her. I do apologize about the dissapointment on our indoor pool. We hope to see you and your family again. Hope you had a safe trip to Witchita.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I recently traveled from dayton ohio to kansas city mo. Upin arrival I met Erin sweet young landy very knowledgable. When I had an issue with the room she was all over it. Jese your night front desk attendant was great to conversate with. Loved going down at night just to tell stories and hang out. Then I met Ana what can I not say. Everytime I came in I was met with a smile. YOU GUYS ARE VERY LUCKY TO HAVE GREAT GIRLS LIKE THESE. When I plan to travel again I will definately come back to kansas city mo and see ERIN JESS AND ANA. THANK YOU GIRKS MISSY ROOM 349

• Stayed July 2013
missyohio

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on how Great your stay was. I enjoy reading the reviews that previous guests leave. I will let the girls know the kind words you left about them. Having all 3 of these girls is a great privilege. We hope to see you again soon!

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was pleased with my stay 3 day stay at Comfort Inn. The room was inviting and clean. The hotel itself was clean. The entire staff was friendly and kept busy. I was surprised and pleased with the variety to choose from with breakfast each morning and it was replenished by the staff during breakfast hours. I personally did not use the pool but other family members enjoyed that also. My next visit to Kansas City, I will come back to this location.

Green Features: Loved the idea of the tags noting the environmentally-friendly practices with laundry. I'm big on that at home.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
VWhitford, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear 21215AB

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review regarding your visit with us. We are pleased to hear you had a enjoyable time while staying with us. We hope to see you again in the future!

Chicago, IL
Reviewed July 18, 2013

When choosing a hotel, I look for clean, clean, clean, comfortable, and friendly. We were checked in by Anna (I believe her name was), super friendly. The room: not a spec of dirt (or anything else) in that room! Bed: sooo comfy! Breakfast: huge, variety, eggs, sausage, waffles, and much more! During breakfast, Anna, who had checked us in the night before, stopped to say hi and she remembered why we were in town and asked how our evening was. Now, THAT is customer service! My only complaint is that overflow parking is across the street and sort of a pain. But with all the other great things about this place, it was bearable. After staying here, any other hotel we stay at might not even compare! Thanks KC Comfort Inn! If we have a reason to be back in KC, we'll be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
VWhitford, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
eChicago

Thank you so much!! We love getting feed back from our guests. I will be sure to let Ana know your kind words, and let Alicia (breakfast attendant) know how much you enjoyed the breakfast. WE hope to get to see you again in the future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The Indian couple, Mrs. & Mr. Patel, that owns and runs Comfort Inn & Suites are probably the last of a breed who believes in doing things themselves.

Though ours was a business visit, my colleagues and I were really very impressed by the Patels 'hands-on' work attitude. On a Sunday morning, when most people are sleeping in, to see the owner cleaning his property himself was indeed a novel experience!

It is only natural for employees in this setup to be courteous and go out of their way to help a guest. The beautiful Ms. Ann at the reception really made our visit to Kansas City a memorable one with her little tips on the local sightseeing and food haunts.

This is one place we'd all love to go back to!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ARL20173

Thank you for your review. Yes Mr. and Mrs Patel are very hands on as well as their Sons. It is a great feeling knowing they care so much about this property and want it to be successful. I will let them know your kind words. Ana is a big asset to the family as well, she goes far and beyond for customer service. I will pass on the words to her as well. We hope to see you again!