Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
$179
$170
  • Restaurant
$109
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$121
$113
$164
  • Restaurant
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$104
$169
$160
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewssecurity guardroom was cleansprint centerfridge and microwavepower and light districtindoor poolyogurtfree breakfastexercise roomdesk staffhot breakfastthe breakfast areaunion stationmelodykcinterstaterates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I love this hotel, it's always clean with nice folks working there and my business is always close to this location. My room was the best I've had there, a choice corner room with a window on each side. Right at the end of the hallway by the stairs, it was the perfect location for running out to get something to eat or running down for breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, it's a great one here: scrambled eggs, sausages, hard boiled eggs, waffles, packets of oatmeal; anything you'd want or need in the way of breakfast. I think they even had biscuits and gravy if a person wanted that for breakfast. Parking is semi-secure with a fence around the whole property, and there's a great pool and workout room inside for staying in shape on the road. This is my go-to hotel in Kansas City, there's not a thing I don't like about it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
VWhitford, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Scottyg7777

Thank you so much for the review, we are always glad to see these comments on both Tripadvisor and through Choice. Hope to see you again soon!

Cecily Lara

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Anyone who travels at all knows what I'm talking about. It appears to me that it's happening at this hotel. It was warm out, mid 80's. The doors to the lobby were open and it was very warm in the lobby. The halls had no air conditioning on and were hot and stuffy. The a/c in the room didn't work well at all. Had it set on 62, probably never got to 72 and would quit running every so often. We had a gathering in their meeting room and it was hot it was uncomfortable. The vending machines were out of the selection that you wanted. Looks like the place is just barely keeping the doors open, I will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Hotel Syndrome

I apologize about the experience you had at our Facility. The management property has purchased new AC units for the rooms. There is Ac in the lobby, but unfortunately with the hallway doors being closed it does not cool the stairways off like it should. I myself will mention that to the Management Company. I am deeply sorry you had a bad experience. I do not like having guests leave with a "sour taste" about our property. Please feel free to contact me directly, so I can make this right.

Cecily Lara

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is THE place to stay if you are planning to party at the Power and Light District (we weren't). We were in town to visit our daughter who lives in the area. Picked this hotel due to location. Lots of bachelor/bachelorette parties. Taxis lined up to take people to and from the Power and Light. Heard the party goers when they returned at closing time, 3 AM. Thankfully, the rooms on either side of ours were on the quiet side.
Room was clean but a bit on the worn side. Outlet by the sink was loose and didn't work. Bed comfortable. Room temperature difficult to control. Breakfast below average. Parking was free but hard to come by

Room Tip: Better ask for a room on the top floor or you'll hear the people above you walking around the room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
VWhitford, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you so much for tellling us about your stay. We are definitely sorry you had problems with the noise during your stay. Unfortunately, there was a concert in town and we had alot of late night guests.

I hope you will return in the future so we can make your stay with us more enjoyable.

Blessings,

Vicki Whitford

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stay this past weekend while in town to watch our niece bowl in the State Championship tournament. We got a great deal with our AAA discount and stayed in a jacuzzi suite. The suite was shockingly large and had two flat screens, the jacuzzi was bigger than we have seen at other hotels, and the bed was very comfortable, and the room was very clean. The staff was very friendly, and were able to accommodate all our needs and answer all our questions. We had breakfast 1 morning and it was pretty good. It had all your standard cereals and pastries, as well as waffle makers, eggs, sausage, and biscuits and gravy. The only draw back is the small parking lot. They ran out of parking and some people had to park on the street. It is on their website that they have FREE parking. Will definitely stay again when we are in town. This location is great if you want to be in downtown. You are minutes away from everthing!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

My goodness we certainly appreciate your kind words about your recent stay here at the Comfort Inn & Suites! And we definitely are happy that you will stay with us again and look forward to your return!

Vicki Whitford

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed here for the NCAA tournament weekend. The rooms are clean and good size. Even with the challenge a major snow storm, the staff remained calm under the challenge. Would definitely stay again.
About a 20 minute walk to the Power and Light District.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
VWhitford, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

I hope your team won during the Big 12 Competition! We do so much appreciate the kind words you have given us and hope you will return in the future. We are presently updating all of our bathrooms with new tile, tub and granite tub enclosures. Also new this year will be an updated bedding package which we hope everyone enjoys.

Thank You Again!