Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
$149
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $205/night.

$145
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

$144
InterContinental
$162
$156
Curio.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

$151
$139
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $166/night.

$119
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$104
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$118
Best Western Country Inn - North(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$77
$68
$105
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

All reviewssecurity guardsprint centerroom was cleanpower and light districtfridge and microwavebiscuits gravyindoor poolyogurtfree breakfastexercise roomdesk staffwould stay here againhot breakfastthe breakfast areaunion stationmelodykc
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Room was what you would expect from a hotel...but what made our stay awesome was the help from front desk manager angel hamon....she was so sweet and gave great directions to food and night life...as long as there are employees like angel there we will be back.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank six61_princess
VWhitford, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Six,
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I am sure if Angel doesn't know by now, I will make sure that she gets a copy of this. We appreciate your feedback and love it when we know that our staff has done amazing things.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I read the other reviews after I booked this hotel, and I thought oh no. We came for the Bruce Springsteen concert, and we were worried about the noise level other reviewers were complaining about. We asked for a room away from the road, and were given one. We didn't hear any road noise. The workers were all very nice and professional, and kept everything under control. They called a cab for us. No late night noise. Great breakfast. What more could you ask for in a medium priced hotel. Not the Ritz, but I didn't pay for the Ritz. Very close to everything.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Kathleen,

Thank you for your feedback, here at Comfort Inn and Suites Downtown KC we strive to make sure that our guest are comfortable and feel at home. I understand that some of the reviews state they have had problems with noise! We try to make sure that our noise levels are kept to a minimum. We are located in close proximity to the power and light district so we do on occasion get busy with concerts and shows going on downtown.

We look forward to seeing you again and hope that you enjoy your stay with us even more.

Thank you again the staff will love to hear that they did a great job!!!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My Husband and I stayed here Friday through Sunday. The overall stay was fine. The room was descent. We received complimentary breakfast each morning. It wasn't all great, but there were plenty of options to have a decent morning meal.
A week before our stay, my Husband called the Hotel and asked how we could get a late checkout. The person he spoke with said we can sign up for the Choice Rewards and receive a 1pm check out. Normal check out is 11am. He signed us up over the phone and said he would make a note on our account for when we check in.
We check in Friday and are told check out is 11. We explain talking to someone about it being 1pm. We were told she will take care of it as long as we are out by 1pm. Sunday I receive a call in our room at 11am asking if we plan on check out. I once again explain talking to two people now and she says there is no record of this. She offers no explanation. No help to solve the issue. She expected us out since staff did not take care of our time change. She said she had to call the manager. I never heard back about that. We ended up leaving at noon because I was annoyed. Upon checking out, they once again offered no help or problem solving. The staff didn't do what they were suppose to so we had to argue about it. I asked if their staff mistakes were their guests' issues and was told Yes! So, their guest suffer b/c of their ignorant staff.
Don't ever try to check out late!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
VWhitford, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

JMD,

I am terrible sorry that you did not receive the best customer service that you should have, yes we did not deliver on our end and I am truly sorry about that. I have and will go over this concern again with my staff on making sure all accounts are notated and that you will in the future receive the late check out that you deserve.

Our breakfast is standard of Choice properties and we try our up-most best to keep it interesting. We are trying new items such as blueberry waffles and bananas as well rotating our biscuits and gravy with eggs and sausage.

We look forward to seeing you again, and hope that we can give you the best service you deserve. Just a little reminder that we are in the process of a remodle and we hope to be done completely by Febuary so we are still offering Free parking, Free internet, Free breakfast, and a Indoor Heated Pool that is open year round. We now have two gyms and fresh linens

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed there one night and had a very nice experience. Excellent service. Courteous and helpful staff. Room was nice, clean, and I feel I got a better place than I anticipated. I had stayed at other Comfort Inns in other towns and and they were not as good as this one. I just needed a decent place to stay in a good location, as I was only in town for one night. I recommend it. Great bang for the buck!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
VWhitford, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Scrumdog,

With the standard of Comfort Inn Downtown KC we try to keep up with making the hotel feel like your home away from home with some restriction, I am glad that you truly enjoyed your stay and that you would love to come back and stay. We try to keep our prices low while we offer you free amenities, such as parking, WI-FI, extended cable channels, and also indoor heated pool and soon two gyms. We are in the process of finishing up another renovation and will have new bedding, curtains and linen. I would like to thank you again and look forward to having you stay with us.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Being a Comfort Inn, this is one of the cheaper hotels in downtown Kansas City. It's certainly not fancy, but is a good deal for the savings. Some of my friends mentioned that it's not in a good area, but I never felt unsafe while I was there. The main door locks after a certain time, and you can get in by calling the front desk or using a room key. Free breakfast was standard

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Ashley C.
We here at Comfort Inn Downtown KC try to make sure each and every guest feels comfortable and safe as possible, I understand that you felt that way and it makes us proud that we have done a good job. We are trying to improve every day and your feedback in regards to the hotel is very helpful and we use this as a training tool to become better and better. Were currently trying new breakfast items like blueberry flavor for your waffles and switching biscuits and gravy to every other day with eggs and sausage on the other.

I have spoken with my staff and we are doing some new things to try so hopefully when we see you again were not just standard to you.

Thank you for your stay and look forward to serving you again