Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
$179
$170
  • Restaurant
$109
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$121
$113
$164
  • Restaurant
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$104
$169
$160
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewssecurity guardroom was cleansprint centerfridge and microwavepower and light districtindoor poolyogurtfree breakfastexercise roomdesk staffhot breakfastthe breakfast areaunion stationmelodykcinterstaterates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Two nights in KC and the hotel was within walking distance of the Power & Light District. Beds were comfortable and the rooms clean. Did get awakened by emergency vehicles passing by both nights. Easy access to many downtown activities. We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
VWhitford, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear KsAdv,
I would like to thank you for your feedback we appreciate it we strive to make those who stay with us happy. I am sorry that you were awaken by the sounds of sirens but that again is out of our control and with being so close to the highway and a police sub station it is something that we have to deal with time to time. I would like to say the next time you do come and stay with us ask for a quiet side room and top floor and we will try to accommodate you so you have a quieter night.

thank you again and just a little reminder we offer free parking, breakfast, and wi-fi as well we are remolding and should be done around February.
Thanks
Heather Hughes

Reviewed September 18, 2012

As you drive down 6th street and approach the hotel, you would be forgiven if you questioned your decision to book this hotel. There is a white, metal fence surrounding the property - bent, rusty, and in disrepair in places. The grass at its base is not trimmed or cared for, but rather looks more like overgrown weeds. The hotel sits on a corner behind a parking garage. Its parking lot wide and expansive - with virtually no landscaping or any effort made to make the property look welcoming from outside. The lobby is austere, although it looks like they have added some leather sofas to give it a slightly more upscale appearance.

I was checked in by Lily, who seemed completely disinterested in welcoming guests to the hotel. My company had called on my behalf and asked if I could check in early. They were advised that we would be able to check in at 11. When we arrived at a little after 11, Lily acknowleged that we were allowed to check in early, but still proceeded to lecture us on WHY their standard check in was later in the afternoon.

My room is a suite which consists of a sleeping area partially separated from a living area. The living area features a sofa, table, and an LCD television. There is also a microwave and refrigerator. The sleeping area consists of a bed, LCD television, chair, and a newer desk and chair. The desk has one power outlet on the light fixture, but you will have to crawl on the floor to find other power outlets. Same with bedside tables. You will need to unplug a lamp and move furniture if you want to plug a charger in at your bedside. The bedding looked newer and clean. The mattress however was a little bit odd. It felt as though it had hard sides, and a soft middle -- kind of like sleeping in a soap dish. Made it strangely challenging to get into and out of bed comfortably. Once in bed, the mattress was firm. Under the comforter was that standard brown scratchy looking hotel blanket. There were 5 or 6 pillows on the bed as well.

The bathroom was split with a sink in the living area and toilet and shower in a very small bath area. The shower had one of those arc shower rods and a nice showerhead with good pressure. Tub drained well during shower. The only flaw I saw here was that while adjusting the shower-head it pulled away from the wall. Not secured very well.

I could hear highway noise in the room, but with the air-conditioning fan on it was not so bad that I couldn't sleep. Only a few horns / sirens during the night woke me. The door to the room, on the other hand, must be made of cardboard. You can hear every little sound in the hallway. People talking, doors slamming, you name it. They could improve the sound-deadening in this building by a wide margin by replacing those cheap doors. Which brings me to soda / ice machines -- which are right out in the open in the hallway. So if you are in rooms 311 to 314 I would not be surprised to be awoken by other guests getting a soft drink or filling the ice bucket.

The biggest problem I can see with this hotel is that it isn't welcoming. It is rather cold and sterile. If I had to narrow it down to one thing, I would blame that on their choice in lighting. They are using CFL bulbs virtually everywhere in the hotel. From the front desk, to the hallways, to the breakfast area. It casts a very artificial looking light -- almost makes it seem like a hospital waiting room. I get why a company would want to use bulbs like that, to save money and change them less often, but I think a warmer light would go a long way to making the place seem more like home, especially at the front desk, the breakfast room, and the hallways. Lighting in the room seems satisfactory (probably because lampshades diffuse some of the light).

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Mike W.

I would first like to Thank You for you feedback, this feedback lets us develop and learn in our business weather good or bad we still enjoy to hear the feedback so we can always have room for improvement. I would first really like to give you an apology for the way you were treated by our front desk staff Lilly is no longer with the company.
We are a 30 yr old hotel and when we purchased the hotel we have remolded every two years since the purchase and we are again in the process of a remolded so we are getting new bedding , curtains,beds and some furniture as well we are redoing some bathrooms so all your issues that you have brought to our attention are being addressed, the noise!? we are trying its hard when rooms seem to be louder than others. I extend an invitation to you so when you return back to us to ask for a quiet side room on the third floor this way you will be able to sleep comfortably.
Again I would like to apologize for any inconnvenice that we may have caused you and would like to thank you for your feedback again.

Heather Hughes

hh

Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night when passing through. Pretty basic average hotel. The rooms were clean, but nothing extra. You could hear the interstate from inside our room with the air conditioner running. We also had no hot water. Made for a really quick shower.

• Stayed: September 2012
VWhitford, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear PShivers,
I would like to say first Thank You for your feedback regarding our hotel, we are glad that you enjoyed the clean room.
We here at the hotel pride ourselves with our clean rooms, and would like to apologize for the lack of hot water that morning seems our hot water system went out and we did not become aware of this problem until the morning, we have since fixed the problem and really hope that you will come stay with us again and let us give you a quiet room so you do not have to hear the interstate that is behind the hotel, as well that we do have more to us.
Thank you again for your response and we hope to see you soon, we are doing a remodel and we are planning on being done around February if not sooner so we look forward to seeing you again.
Management

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Breakfast was below average, Parking was terrible. Overflow was "across the street" but never could find it. It's too close to the expressway so you hear traffic all night. I'd stay somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Stay in the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Pam P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Micahel56
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Comfort Inn & Suites.
I would like to apologize that my staff did not do a good job giving you direction to our overflow parking. I hope you will give us a chance to serve you better and when you make a reservation please request a room away from the Highway. Again thankyou for letting me know about your concern this will help me and my staff to improve our service.
God Bless

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Overall I would say this hotel was average. The location was great, food was good. The only things that were not good was the noise level (it is located near Power and Light District) so I have a feeling a lot of people went there and came back to the hotel very drunk and talked very loud until 3am. Also, parking is very limited so if you arrive to the hotel late in the evening it might be a struggle to find a spot. Also, if you are traveling with a baby I would highly recommend bringing your own crib. They only provide pack and plays and they were not clean at all. Also, with the noise it is not an ideal hotel for babies.

Room Tip: If you want a room with not as much noise ask for one on the opposite side of the parking lot. I would also recommend 3rd floor. We were on second and you could hear a lot of movement from the peoplr upstairs
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
VWhitford, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear Omahavisitor,
I would like to Thank You for your feedback, with this feedback it helps us grow, learn, and prefect our customer service skills.
I am pleased that you liked your room and that you enjoyed breakfast as well, we at the Comfort Inn and Suites have very proud housekeepers and I will pass on the information that you enjoyed the clean comfortable room.
I did see that you stated you were given a pac and play instead of a crib, this concerns me we do have brand new cribs that have memory foam mattress for our little visitors and I am not sure why you were given the pac and play- I will be researching this. I do know that we were fully sold out and with multiple children in the hotel that require cribs we might have ran out and for this I am sorry.
Also our hotel is located 7 blocks just north of the power and light district and we do sometimes get a lively bunch here at the hotel and our staff does try its hardest to control the noise. We have started a new training process on how to handle the issues with noise and hope to see you again so you can see this new training in motion.
With regards I hope you accept our humbled apologies for the noise and hope you will give us another try, we look forward to seeing you again.
Heather