“BEWARE LEPRECHAUNS” 1 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Mankato, Minnesota
“BEWARE LEPRECHAUNS”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

To start off I would like to say that as far as hotels go, this one had pretty decent accomodations. But to get to why I rated it Terrible. I barely got any sleep in this hotel. I wake up and go to work around 6 am and end at 4 pm, but work doesnt stop there, I have to continue writing and editing when I get back to the hotel. So the one thing I want when I get done is a peaceful nights sleep. But no, there is a line of drunken hotel guests outside my window. And every night I was there, there were drunken hotel guests outside of my window. One night one of the louder and more obnoxious guests was dressed up as a leprechaun. No matter how many times I complained to the staff, the only thing they could tell me was "We are trying to keep them quiet." But the problem was never resolved. Needless to say, I went without much more than a few hours of sleep every night for my entire stay. Also there wasnt a lot to do in the area if you did have some time off, it was in a kind of crappy area, and had a lack of resteraunts.

Room Tip: Don't stay in downtown Kansas City MO, stay on the Kansas side over by the stadium and the race...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Pam P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Hello Mr Cliffcoy

I would like to start saying we are so sorry about your stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites downtown. By what i am reading looks like you came in when we had the Music Band was staying with us. That time there was a big concert going on at the Berkely Park which was about less then a mile away.
I did talk to the front desk clerk . There a few nights that the guest were loud. She even called the authorities to help out with the loud group. I hope you will give us one more chance to serve you better. Please request a room on the quiet end. This will help too. Again Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We will try to improve our service in that area.
Thanks
Pam P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

It was clean, renovated, and a fully stocked breakfast, and the coffee was pretty darn tasty (thank goodness). Th e employees were friendly enough and seemed to care about their jobs- Yeah!.
The parking lot is constantly monitored via CCTV, and there seemed to be plenty of parking. My bed was super comfy, the air conditioner seemed to need a little attention, it wasn't super cooling the room, and it wasn't one of those super hot days.
It was a good value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sassafras G
VWhitford, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Dragonfly,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, I am truly honored that you enjoyed your stay that your sleep was wonderful and that you had a positive time at the hotel. Our staff prides itself on being a clean outstanding hotel. With feedback weather its positive or negative this helps us improve and keep learning to always be the best we can be. We have since worked on our AC units your comment informed us that we may have had an issue and we have cleaned them and prepared them for your next visit. We are in the process of renovation again and are looking at around February to being finished and would love for you to come back and stay to see all the new items that we have added and our new parking system that we have implemented as well.
Thank You again and we look forward to seeing you
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

It's a little out of the way, but otherwise a nice place. If I hadn't had a car, it wouldn't have been pleasant. Quiet and confortable. The front desk people went out of their way to be helpful, even walking outside to show me where to park.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Jimaphx

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, I would like to thank you for your feedback. Here the staff really is proud of the cleanliness and the staff customer service skills. Every single one of my staff I am proud of they try there hardest to be respectful and yet still follow the rules.
We would love to see you again and show you our knowledge of our city, you are not to far away from the Power and Light this is a short walk about 10min and a bus ride of around 1.50 as well this of course if you didn't want to drive. there are many places in our city that we like to recommend and would love to allow us to do that for you.

Thank you again and look forward to seeing you soon
Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

OK property, shady neighborhood. Vacationing in Kansas City. Since we prefer Choice hotels, we were looking for one near downtown. Web site said $89 for a double (we had our grandchild with us). Got to the hotel and was told the price was $108 because there was 2 adults. In all the years we have stayed at Choice hotels, we have never been charge extra for 2 adults. Fool me once...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mike B.

I apologize you feel that you were miss led on the price, our price for your stay the night you stayed with us was 89.99 with out tax this comes to with tax to 107.02 so around 108 we also put a pending hold for 50.00 on your cc for incidentals this pending however will drop off 2 to 5 business days after you check out this is depending on your bank. so the price you were quoted is correct and the price you were charged is with tax, this is something unfortunately that we all have to pay.

we do not charge for 2 adults or children so you were charge appropriately. We are close to the downtown area and close to a police sub station we have 24 hr surveillance cameras on our lots and inside the hotel so i can honestly say your safety and stay is very important to us. I am sorry that you feel you did not get this feeling. I would love for you to give us another shot and let us show you that we are not trying to pull any bait and switch.

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

You can not beat this place - super clean - exceptional front desk - Andrew at desk makes you feel right at home and great location to highway.
I stay here for business - very quiet, great wi-fi access, and safe parking lot!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kelli T
Mrs. Kellie T

Thank you so much for the wonderful positive feedback you have given our hotel, we are proud of our clean rooms, lobby, and breakfast area. We are proud of Andrew as well, although he has left our hotel I will personally pass this comment onto him. I would love to have you back to stay with us.

Cumberland, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I thought this hotel was downtown, but it really isn't. It's not in a nice part of town and I wouldn't dare walk around any time of day. We are traveling by car and we were here for three days while I was at a conference. We took EVERYTHING out of the car and trudged it up to our room because we were afraid the car would be broken into. The parking lot is fenced but not closed and anyone can walk through anytime. The room was average and breakfast was mediocre. I think I would pay more and stay in the actual downtown area. I must say that the front desk lady, Angel, was very sweet and helpful. She told us where we could park to go to Constantino's Market downtown. They will validate parking and the market is awesome. We went there and bought food for the three days and used the fridge and microwave to heat it up. That was very convenient.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VWhitford, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Here at Comfort Inn and Suites Downtown KC pride ourselves in our clean comfortable rooms, and safety of our guest. I read that you were not happy with any amenities and with your service here, I am truly sorry that you did not get what you expect. We will take your feedback and do better.
Our hotel is considered downtown, so thus we are downtown we are not in the heart of downtown and that makes it easier to offer the free parking, and breakfast because we are nestled between to luxury apartment buildings. The fence around the property does not allow anyone to walk through we have one entrance and exit as well security cameras monitoring the whole area and inside. I do understand how you feel about your belongings and that's ok and like any other hotel that you will stay at will let you know that they are not responsible for personal belongings left in your vehicles. We do however work really close with the Kansas City PD and with Tow company to make sure that our lot stays as safe as possible. Once again we will use your feedback as a training tool and try to make some changes to our area to make sure that your next stay it will be inviting to you.

I will defiantly let Angel know that you were pleased with her customer service and thank her again on your behalf.

we do look forward to seeing you again, and were almost done with our refresh and now offer two 24 hr gyms, as well an indoor heated pool, some rooms already have new linen, curtains, and bedding, as well we always offer a free breakfast which is now rotating to give you a variaty of items, and free WiFi and parking.

Heather Hughes
Front Desk Manager PM
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Okay, let me first say that I have stayed at many choice hotels (Comfort Inn parent company) all over the country. However, this hotel might be the worst from this chain I have ever been to.
It started okay, because our non-smoking room was filled with smoke, and we were promptly moved to a new non-smoking room. Then everything went downhill.
-Lack of parking in the hotel lot. We were told to just park in the alley across the street or in a local business lot.
-Lots of illegally parked cars in the lot, and not able to actually drive through it get out to park in the hotels mentioned other options.
-Told the hotel clerk about the miss parked cars, she didn't care.
-Walls paper thin...we heard noise from every person on the floor. We also heard noise from outside guests talking through the window
-Bottle cap and towel sitting in our hallway from the moment we arrived at 5:00 pm & was still there when we checked out the next morning.
-AC unit didn't stay on more then 10 minutes, no matte if it actually reached the desired temp.
-Breakfast was not filled upon arrival about 8:45 am. Most items missing, no place to sit in dining area.

Although this hotel is very affordable for downtown KC don't bother staying here. It was a huge disappointment during our trip. I was a previously loyal customer to this brand---not any longer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roadtrippin_girl
VWhitford, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Dr. Stephen J,

Thank you for your review, however we are a little confused because we are wondering if you have the correct hotel? We do not have you registered as a guest at our hotel. Perhaps you can give us some more information as to what room you were in?

We have never come across such complaints about our hotel and we are definitely concerned about your review.

Vicki