“Good Time”

Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City
Ranked #48 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We've been driving for days so when we realized that Kansas City would be our next stop I started looking thru Trip Advisor for a place for the night. There I found out about the casinos.
Food, a bed & some fun all in one place was just what we needed!
Check in was easy & quick.
We had potato skins that were loaded with bacon & medium buffalo wings at the sports bar. Both were really good & the wings were meaty.
Not big gamblers...won a little, lost a little but had fun. The upstairs actually has a smoke free area - overall the smoke smell was ok. Upstairs was better.
Then we art at the steakhouse. We had the grilled oysters & they were delicious. We also had the prime rib which was pretty good considering I don't really like prime rib. Scalloped potatoes were yummy!
Only thing the room didn't get that cold - we kept it on 65 but it's because the thermostat is too close to the supply air so it shuts off before the room gets cold. (We do air conditioning & heating :)

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank lastpenny
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

We are definitely going to put in a service request to look at our rooms’ tempature. Thank you for your feedback and your review. We are pleased to hear you had a fun time, hope you visit us again sometime, hopefully soon :)

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Checked in early on Sunday the 30th of March stayed til Tuesday. Room was perfect and ready. I was a little bummed it was on the first floor because I didn't get a view but not having to wait on an elevator was a definite plus. If you are a fan of clean fancy bathrooms you need to get a mini-suite. Water pressure was amazing and there were 2 sinks! I got a smoking room but none of my friends noticed any lingering odor. Buffet AMAZING. PEARLS OYSTER BAR ALSO AMAZING. The casino floor was nice and lots of options no waits for any table games or poker. There is a movie theater on site which more than makes up for no pool or workout facilities. The entire time I stayed i didnt need to leave the property once. Debbie at the front desk was friendly and charming. She got me checked in less than 5 mins after I showed up. She also secured my next amazing stay which I honestly cant wait for!

Room Tip: The rooms come with a I-home I-pod dock/portable speakers make sure they are actually plugged in to...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank gutentag11
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We spent a night at the Ameristar on our first visit to Kansas City. We enjoyed the hotel and the casino. The casino was clean, smoke smell was well filtered and the employees were friendly and helpful. The only thing that surprised us (which was not the fault of the hotel) was that the riverfront was not developed. I had not done my research well enough apparently as we thought there would be other things around the waterfront. Just something to note if you've never been to Kansas City.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank squirrely2k
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The service at this hotel/casino was great. Front desk check-in was a breeze- super friendly and nice. The waitstaff in both restaurants were fast and friendly. I had to wait 10 minutes in the casino while my slot was serviced and a manager came by and offered apologies and a $15 food comp. Who does that? Obviously great management here.

What keeps this hotel from receiving 4 stars is the room itself. Very worn. From stained chairs to chipped and scratched furniture, it is looking quite sad. They are long overdo for an update. Everywhere else in the hotel is lovely.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

I am pleased to hear you received great service while visiting. Thank you for your feedback regarding room upgrades. I will pass this along to our property management team right away! Thank you for being our guest and we sure do hope to see soon again.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed in a king junior suite for one night and were not disappointed, nor blown away with anything in the room. We have no complaints and would definitely stay here again. The rooms are starting to get a bit dated, especially the carpet, however the room and bathroom were very clean. The TV was the best part of the room actually. The mattress was average, a bit firm for our liking.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel attached to the largest casino in Kansas City. If you're wanting to stay at a casino in the Kansas City area, this would be a good choice. I can't compare it to the others, as I haven't stayed at any of them, but I would definitely say this place is above average.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I am the event planner for a large corporation and we have hosted several events at Ameristar. Kent Korte and his team did an impeccable job. Ashley took care of me at the hotel and Tyler is the best server at Amerisports! I highly recommend using them for business and for personal travel!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I had my two and three year old children in the room and we found pot in the room and pills under the couch.. management stated they apologize that there standard of clean does not match my standard and sometimes things get overlooked... what is wrong with people... They made it out to be no big deal.... I SAY NEVER WILL I GIVE THEM MY BUSINESS. ....

• Stayed: February 2014
Megan A, Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

We sincerely apologize for the experience you had at our property. Finding any type of debris in your room is not acceptable. We did confirm (with the assistance of a Missouri Gaming Officer) that a sweet tart and an ibuprofen were unfortunately missed by our team. We immediately addressed this by reiterating the importance of thoroughly checking under the couches with the entire team. We are extremely grateful for your feedback as this helps us improve upon our services.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
7 mi away
The Westin Crown Center
The Westin Crown Center
#5 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City? Share your experiences!