“DRUGS IN THE SERIOUSLY”

Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City
Ranked #40 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
“DRUGS IN THE SERIOUSLY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I had my two and three year old children in the room and we found pot in the room and pills under the couch.. management stated they apologize that there standard of clean does not match my standard and sometimes things get overlooked... what is wrong with people... They made it out to be no big deal.... I SAY NEVER WILL I GIVE THEM MY BUSINESS. ....

• Stayed February 2014
Megan A, Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
We sincerely apologize for the experience you had at our property. Finding any type of debris in your room is not acceptable. We did confirm (with the assistance of a Missouri Gaming Officer) that a sweet tart and an ibuprofen were unfortunately missed by our team. We immediately addressed this by reiterating the importance of thoroughly checking under the couches with the entire team. We are extremely grateful for your feedback as this helps us improve upon our services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Lets just say for $429.00/Night for this room on the weekend, IT'S NOT WORTH THE MONEY ! The Toilet seat was broke in the guest bathroom, complained the first night on a 3 night stay and it was never fixed. And for Cleanliness give it fair rate. When sitting in the whirlpool the vents and lights and area around them were filthy dirty. Plus the website states a 20 inch TV with every whirlpool but that's not true, none of the suites have TV's, apparently they just recently removed the TV's but let's not update the website or let the guest know when booked. Its a 1 person whirlpool on top of that. They did comp us $50.00 in Food vouchers but it way over priced, and really nothing spectacular to rave about, when came to the food. Most of the restaurants are only open Fri, Sat, Sun. Other then the casino, customer service is fair. Ask for the Host when checking out to see if you can get a comp, but only if you gamble. Maybe get a reduced rate for your room. That was probably the only plus to this 3 day pleasure trip with my hubby.

Room Tip: If you gamble, when checking out ask for the host to see if you can get a discount on your room rate...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MicheleLPN
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
I'm so sorry to hear this, Michele. We strive to be the best gaming resort and what you describe certainly does not meet our standard. We hope you do reconsider and stay with us again so we can show you the exceptional quality that we strive to provide.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I stay at Ameristar at least once a month. The staff are very pleasant and fix any issue immediately. I am a very picky person and very demanding of the service I receive. Sean at the front desk and Abdul the valet definitely exceed the standard in assuring my stays are exceptional. The deli - lux restaurant provides good food at a good price and there three awesome cooks that work overnights Darryl, Andrew, and Everett. These three are on the ball. Keep up the hard work everybody at Ameristar. See you soon.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Wow, It certainly sounds like you have experiences that we strive for our guests to have, Phillip! I will send you review right over to our property staff. Thank for posting and for always being our guest. We will continue to work hard to provide exceptional service.
Lee's Summit, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I first want to thank Kent Forte for helping me put together our company annual Casino Night Dinner and having wonderful rooms for our guest. We had 50 people in for what was a wonderful and delicious dinner!. I received so much praise about the menu and the presentation of our dinner on honoring our employees and their spouses. It was a wonderful time and we will be back next year...to do it all over again! Thank Kent for such a great night...you and your staff were so wonderful to work with! Till next year!! :)

Room Tip: All of them were wonderful...not a bad one in the bunch!! Don't forget to ask for Kent Forte!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
We're so happy to hear you and your entire group had a wonderful stay with us, Michell! We really appreciate your feedback and will certainly do our best to keep up the good work. Thank you for being our guest and we can't to have you back next year.
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We enjoy this Hotel and Casino and all it offers. My only complaint is the hotel has very few rooms and on the weekends rooms can be expensive or non-existent. I wish they would add on to the hotel or someone would put something very close to the casino. I like all of the dining options they offer and the buffet is really quite good. It is not as good as Vegas but better than the run of the mill buffet. The Brewhaus Sports Bar is fantastic place to relax and have a burger or an order of wings. The casino is probably the largest in KC. I have never had a problem finding a machine to play. On weekends they offer live Entertainment. If you can get a room for a great rate, this is a great place to party with your spouse and not worry about drinking and driving.

Room Tip: Make sure to join their players club and check your email for special offers.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thanks for being our guest. I am so please to hear you enjoyed the live music, all the dining options and gaming at our property. Your suggestion for room additions has been sent to the management team. Thank you again for visiting and we do appreciate your feedback!
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I had a reservation in September made by my host in omaha for 1 night. When I arrived they informed me, as they had just done with a previous reservation holder that they had no rooms, they had overbooked. They said they would look for another hotel and get a room for me. This was to be a relaxing get away from work, stress, ect and instead became a nightmare. After waiting in the lobby for 20 minutes and then speaking with one of their hosts, I explained that I would need a non smoking room as I had issues with asthma. The host left for 5 minutes and then amazingly came back with a room. I asked how a room suddenly opened up and she explained they would relocate another guest. It was not a great room, handicapped and bottom floor. In a nutshell I won't be staying there anymore.

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Ellen G
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
I'm so sorry for any inconvenience. We want you to enjoy every aspect of your stay We do our best to accommodate all of our guests' room requests, which are based on availability and not always guaranteed. We thank you for sharing your feedback and again apologize. We hope you give us another try.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

We went to the buffet at this casino and for the two of us it was $50. Whatever happened to buffets that were a draw to get one to play the machines. We had the BBQ (one must always try the BBQ in KC) and it was tasty but very tough. They have an array of different restaurants. We sampled the oriental and found it to be very good.

Room Tip: Try KC BBQ somewhere else when in Kansas City, not here, very poor quality
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza
The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection
Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Hotel Phillips Kansas City, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City? Share your experiences!