Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City
$178
InterContinental
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$118
Best Western Country Inn - North(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$83
$72
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$124
$101
$229
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$111
Priceline
All reviewsoyster barchild careking suitegreat roomself parkvalet parkingbed was comfortablechildcaredeskgamemirrorbeddingmo
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had an offer for a free night so we stayed here to celebrate our Anniversary. The hotel was clean, the bed was comfortable and the room was very nice. The only issue I had was that when I made the reservation I told them the only thing that mattered was that our room be Non Smoking and whoever made the reservation put that it needed to be Smoking. The front desk clerk was able to fix that and give us a non smoking room without any issue. The buffet here is very good, too and it is easy to get enough comps to pay for the buffet. We will definitely stay here again. The casino is very open and I didn't notice the smoke as badly as I do in some other casinos. The drink service was not great as I played slots for several hours and don't think I was ever approached once to see if i wanted something to drink.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Happy Anniversary! We're honored that you chose to celebrate with us. Sorry for the mix up at check in, but happy that we were able to get that straightened out for you. We appreciate your feedback and I'll pass it along to our beverage team. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great stay at Ameristar KC. Rooms very clean. Staff helpful. Casino needs more drink service - very slow and it wasn't that busy. The valet parking is nice and quick. Was from out of state and never been to KC and overall great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

I'm glad you had a great first experience in KC! Thanks for your feedback and for visiting.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Really enjoyed our two day stay. Debbie at the front desk of the hotel is a fantastic,happy, and enjoyable person to work with at your casino.I wish all front desk people enjoyed their work and treated people the way she does.

Room Tip: Being nice goes both ways. It helps to enjoy yourself. Remember the employees are working and we are having fun.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vaca-envy
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed your honeymoon stay with us! Thanks for sharing your review and I'll pass your shout out along to Debbie.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Just spent another fun and comfortable weekend at Ameristar KC. The rooms are very nice, beds are just perfect, and the staff is friendly and very accommodating. Close to most attractions, we attended a KC Royals game and did some mall shopping. The casino is a comfortable temperature and kept very clean and inviting. We have stayed at other casino hotels in the area and this is by far our favorite.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thanks for coming back to see us and for sharing your review! I'm glad you had a comfortable stay and we're so happy to hear we're your favorite.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My friend and I stayed here on a weekend trip to Kansas City. We got a great rate through their website (they seem to have frequent "hot deals"). There is free valet service to anyone staying at the hotel. The hotel staff was friendly and told us about everything in the hotel/casino including restaurants, bars, specials, and events. The room was nice and spacious. 2 large queen beds and a nice flat screen tv with about 30 channels. The bathroom was clean and a decent size. The other areas of the hotel/casino are really nice. The ceilings are painted like an open sky, so it seems like your walking the streets of a small town. There are probably 12 or so restaurants and one huge sports bar which is great for watching the games (they probably had 50 big screen tvs). The casino is nice and the table limits are low, only $5. The only negative for us was that the casino is not smoke free. And there are smokers everywhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

I'm glad you had a good visit, Geoff! We do you have a non-smoking slot section on the second floor of our casino. Thanks for sharing your review and for being our guest.