“Don't Stay Here-I never will again” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City
Ranked #42 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Joplin, Missouri
“Don't Stay Here-I never will again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Made reservation for 2 rooms, free valet parking is nice. While checking in, found out that they decided to move one of my rooms, that I prepaid for. Then she informed me that all they had left was handicap rooms, smoking rooms or I could upgrade for a fee. I was told my reservations only get me a room maybe not the one I wanted. So, last minute change, I could not change hotels because everyone else was full. So, I had no choice but to PAY for a upgrade so I would be put into a smoking room! Got my car out of the free valet, and guess what? My GPS mount was on the floor broken into 2 pieces. When I left the car, it was suck on my windshield, now broken. They had no ideal how that happen! Now, my room, nice at first. After a few minutes, I smell smoke! This is a non smoking room, right. Is the smoke coming from below us? It could be. Then my neighbor, decided to play the TV until 1am. The doors that connect rooms don't do the job in keeping sound out. So, my experience at Ameristar is, you can't trust them, they break your stuff, rooms smell like smoke, you hear your neighbor, and they use "bait and switch" to get more out of you. And she made a comment about me using a 3rd party service to get my 2 rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank robertlowrance
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit to our property. Guest service is extremely important to us and we apologize for your experience. We would like the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your stay with us. Please feel free to send your contact information and any details of your visit to AtYourServiceKC@ameristar.com and we will get in touch with you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in May 2013. A few miles outside Kansas City but easy access I to the city. Valet parking or self park options. I prefer to self park and this was only 50 yards from the front door. Quick professional service at the desk. Stayed In a King Suite which was great. Large room with good bathroom space and second toilet as well as jacuzzi tub. Personally I found the bed was too soft, but that aside no complaint. Found the room clean and in in good condition. Casino was not that busy so no surprise that restaurants had hours that seemed limited, but still more than enough options. If you want a good room for decent value in the KC area this is worth a visit.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Their price is based on location, location, location. Other than that, they don't have much to offer. Service was sub par, had to wait numerous times at the bag check. Room smelled like the people the night before smoked marijuana all night long. And no fitness facility. I have a hard time staying at a '4 star' place playing almost $200/night and they don't offer a fitness facility.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Andrew B
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Staff is always fun, friendly and helpful. I enjoy the hotel the food and always look forward to staying at the Kansas City Ameristar! I have stayed at other casino hotels in the KC area, but really prefer to stay at the Ameristar. We all wish to win when we gamble, but it doesn't
always happen, but that is why it is called "gambling"

Room Tip: Let the staff know what you are looking for in a room and they will do their best to get you what yo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
We appreciate your review, Marilyn! I'm so happy we're your favorite casino and that you look forward to visiting us. Thanks for being our guest.
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I received a coupon in the mail to redeem for a free night stay at the Ameristar Casino Hotel. Very easy to make the reservation and the check in process was quick and easy.

I was assigned to a standard room with 2 beds on the fifth floor. The fifth floor is not high enough to see over the casino building directly in front of the window, therefore there was nothing interesting to see outside the window. Can't complain much because the room was free. The bathroom was small but appeared to be very clean. The bedroom was unremarkable. The furniture looks in need of replacement, lots of scratches and blemishes. Mattress was comfortable and the flat screen television provided ample channel selections.

The casino experience was less than satisfactory. Several areas of the casino floor were closed in order to update some sort of system. Not really sure what was going on. The slot machines were extremely tight and I did not win anything the entire time I played. Not much fun playing the slots at Ameristar on this visit. Not much else to do here. No swimming pool or hot tub to relax in and no gym to get in a quick workout.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ricky075
Thanks for sharing your review and for staying with us. We are currently finishing a casino floor system upgrade which will provide a more reliable and faster transfer of data using fiber optics. During the upgrade, some games are placed out of service, however the upgrade should be complete by next week and all games once again up for play.
illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Wow wish we could have stayed longer. I have to use oxygen. I really should have asked the desk for the first floor. but it did not matter. My sister and i had so much fun. Our room was clean and everything worked. They make it accessable for people with disablities for cars and doors and exits. The front counter people were just so helpful smiled and carried on conversation with you while you check in. That does matter to make you feel welcome. Their was also a security guy at the front of the casino to walk in. i did not get his name. my sister wanted to cash in here ticket. she was all confused, and he smiled and asked her name, and told her where to go and watched, she looked back and he shook his head yes to reasure her that she was going the right way. so if management is reading this he was a nice sized guy on june 6 2013 working at around dinner time. What a great guy he was. Then we went to horizons. I think the man who was the manager. Asked us how we were. If the food was good. Could he suggest anything. Wow we were treated like queens. The only thing we did not get a playing card so we could get credit for staying and playing. Anyone go and have some fun here.

Room Tip: If there is somthing specific you want write down. if they could do it they will.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm glad you had such a great time! We will definitely pass your compliments along to our team members you mentioned. Thank you for being our guest and we hope you can stay longer next time.
Lenexa, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Ameristar has a wonderful hotel; just wished it had a swimming pool. The casino is always fun. They are always adding new slot machines in the casino. The drains in the shower are sometimes slow. I would like to see the rooms have bottled water. The rooms usually have bottled water, but sometimes there isn't any. The rooms are always well kept. Sometimes the guests can get a little loud in the wee hours of the morning. Overall, it is a great place to stay play and eat. They have things for the kiddos which is also nice.

Room Tip: I have stayed on all different floors, but prefer to stay in the middle area of any floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sprtkid
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I'm glad you have a fun time visiting! We really appreciate your feedback and thank you for being our guest.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza
Hotel Phillips Kansas City, Curio Collection by Hilton
Hotel Sorella Country Club Plaza
The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City? Share your experiences!