I still paid $99 too much with a rate or $99 for the night. The room was supposed to have a view, and I suppose it did if you consider parking lot view a "view." The bed was so very, very uncomfortable - springs in it poking us! and it was so unbelievably noisy. The hotel staff was understaffed when everyone was checking in, which made them horribly grouchy and snappy. Didn't get a smile out of anyone the whole process. There weren't any "trolly" things to assist with taking the bags to the room. The bottom of the bathtub was dirty. The showerhead trickled water. The biggest problem was the lounge chair and ottoman in the room -- they were filthy and stained. I've stayed in nicer rooms that cost half what this did. We've stayed in all of the casino hotels in KC now, and sadly this is right at the very very very bottom of the list and we really won't stay again unless it's totally free or a $49 at most rate. I was super disappointed. The final disappointment came when we called the front desk to find out about the evening entertainment in the hotel, the phone rang about 20 times before it was answered, then whomever answered had no idea... put on hold... wait.... wait... come back... "can I help you" .... it was a 15 minute ordeal that should have been a super fast question so we could get to the business of having a fun night. OH! And one last thing -- when we were leaving the next morning around 7:00 a.m. THERE WERE HOMELESS (I presume) sleeping on the lobby couches!!!!!!!! Just random people crashed out on the couches!!!! Seriously?!?!? And nobody behind the front desk to ask or tell about it but you'd think security would have noticed?! NOT cool. I have no problem with homeless needing a warm place to be but not in a hotel lobby folks. come on. FYI _ there isn't a fitness center and nobody offered to tell me where to find one so don't pack your running shoes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City is a luxury hotel with 184 guestrooms. With 3,000 slot and video poker machines and 60 table games, this Kansas City casino is one of the biggest in the country. After exciting gaming action you may choose from nine appetizing dining options at this Kansas City hotel. The restaurants in Kansas City at Ameristar range from a sports-infused brew-pub to fine dining in an Old West inspired atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ameristar Hotel Kansas City
- Ameristar Casino Kansas City Mo
- Ameristar Kansas City