“Not that great”

Ranked #44 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Denison, Iowa
“Not that great”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Recently stayed at hotel, was not impressed. In fact, Harrah's K.C. has much nicer rooms in our opinion. Ameristar does not have coffee pots in room, nor do they furnish more than two glasses - people do need more glasses, especially when you have dentures! Also, no mirrors whatsoever in the main room. The only mirror was in the bathroom. The casino is very pretty, but terribly tight machines and what a long, long walk from room to casino. Don't plan on staying at Ameristar again. We get coupons from both casinos & both agree other hotel/casino is the best choice for all around quality.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sharlene H
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear this, Sharlene. We do provide a coffee pot with coffee, creamer, sugar and glasses. If you are ever not completely satisfied with your room, we encourage our guests to let the front desk staff know and we’ll be more than happy to do what we can to accommodate you. Thank you for staying with us and we do hope you continue to be our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Isle if capri no hotel not even in the ranks.hollywood nice casino but no hotel not in the ranks. Agosy casino nice but small hotel not in the ranks. Ok now harrahs terrible! Hotel nice size but rooms smell like pets and no microwave and they want you to pay for internet for 24 hours. Crazy. Not in the ranks. AMERISTAR! now were talking 5 star casino THE BIG BOSS of all the casinos ,big hotel, the best service, rooms are nice and clean and direct tv, microwaves and free internet. AMERISTAR IS TRULY THE 5 STAR CASINO OF KC! Thanks for being the best! Thanks yours truly Jamar Nelson

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank jamarnelson
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My friends and Me went to smoke a cigarett e on the casino floor. While our husbands were gambling spending at least 500+ dollars. We were rudely interrupted by woman named Lisa who told me I was to intoxicated to enter the floor after
One drink (you can look at the survailence camera) I was not intoxicated at all and rudely kicked out!. As long as this woman is employed I will never return and will tell My friends to never go there!!! This lady was so rude Ans even cursed at us. I will not be treated like this and i don't want mY friends to experience this! Tell your security not to act like from the Jersey shore! Immature. Vegas should shut you down a disgrace!

• Stayed February 2013
8 Thank hcox233
I'm so sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your experience. We want all of our guests to be treated with respect and have a quality experience when visiting our property. We must also follow Missouri Gaming laws and ensure that no one is intoxicated while on the casino floor. We appreciate your feedback and would like to follow up with you. Please feel free to send your contact information and details of your experience to AtYourServiceKC@ameristar.com and we are more than happy to follow up with you. Thank you for visiting and we do hope you reconsider and continue to be our guest.
Kansas City
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I booked a room to celebrate our 11 year anniversary on Saturday, 2/2. We checked in and enjoyed how clean and quiet it was in our suite. We played video poker all night, didn't do too well, but enjoyed our stay. Breakfast at the buffet was good!

Once we got home we discovered that my mother had called the hotel, ordered champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to be delivered to our room, had to run around to find a fax machine to fax her credit card beforehand, and her card was charged. We were never notified, and no strawberries or champagne ever made their way to our room. My mom must have thought we were rude, as we never thanked her. Today she finally asked if we ever received, and upon finding out we had no idea what she did, called the hotel. She was told that there is no manager on the property on a Monday, and the only manager will not be present until midnight. What a ridiculous response!

Stay at this hotel if you have absolutely NO special requests. Do not trust them to fulfill any long distance special favors.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sara S
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thanks so much for celebrating your anniversary with us and for sharing your review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast buffet. I apologize about the mix-up regarding your champagne and strawberries. We work hard to accommodate special requests and I’m so sorry we fell short this time. We are in contact with your mother with every intention of making things right. Thanks for visiting and we hope to see you again!
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Do not go here! 5 beers in 6 hours. Seriously that was it. Waited an hour at the craps table for the waitress to return with 1 beer I ordered. I guess she forgot about me. We had a hotel room for our anniversary. Yeah I got upset after an hour and said something. Next thing I know I'm being pulled aside because the waitress told them I was too intoxicated to serve. Wtf! The boss lady confirmed I was just fine and let me go back to the table. Screw that! The waitress screwed up and tried to make me the scapegoat. Yeah I'm upset and humiliated. That's what I get for expressing my displeasure with the service here. I left the table immediately and went back to the room. Last time i'll ever spend another penny here. Count on it. Don't come here if you want to have fun and enjoy a night away. The staff can just blame you anytime they want for their incompetence.

• Stayed January 2013
5 Thank Lakeluvr27
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
I'm so sorry you were unhappy with your visit. We want all of our guests to enjoy their time with us and receive exceptional service. We must also follow Missouri Gaming laws and ensure intoxicated guests are not on the casino floor. I apologize for any mix-up and we would like to follow up with you. Please feel free to send your contact information and any other details to AtYourServiceKC@ameristar.com and we would be more than happy to get in touch with you. We do hope you reconsider and continue you to be our guest.
Excelsior Springs, Missouri
Reviewed January 11, 2013

because i've used my rewards card in the casino, we had earned a number of free nights..it was so worth it. hotel is beautiful, clean, and quiet!! will absolutely be back!! the reservation was easy to make, easy to redeem, very friendly staff

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
West Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I checked in on Jan. 3rd to a Deluxe King Spa room we reserved in Oct. The check in person was very courteous and professional. The room was more than what we expected. The only thing it needed was a mini microwave for heating up leftovers. We played in the Casino both nights and did very well. My husband even hit a jackpot on a slot machine. We wanted to stay one more night but since it was a Sat. we expected a different room. Cassie, the clerk, discovered there was a mix up on the sweetheart pkg I bought so she contacted a host, Rhonda, and based on our Star Award cards, they not only made sure the sweetheart pkg was honored another night, they also comp the room we were already staying in. Though Sat. we both were feeling under the weather and didn't play much, we had room service and it was perfect! Our first visit at the hotel was so absolutely magical that we are coming back in March for my birthday and in July for our 18th yr anniversary. I highly recommend staying at the hotel and play at the casino. All the staff people (clerks, cleaning, valet, room service, hosts, etc.) will do anything to make it right so you will have a fabulous stay and wonderful time at their establishment!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dianne G
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thanks so much for your recommendation, Dianne. I'm glad you had a great first visit and we look forward to seeing you in March! Thanks for choosing to celebrate your special occasions with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Hotel Phillips Kansas City, Curio Collection by Hilton
The Fontaine
The Fontaine
#3 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City? Share your experiences!