This property is fairly nice though not nearly as nice as their St. Charles property. There is no pool or gym at the hotel and if you look at the AMENITIES & SERVICES on their web site you find that they have many ATM machines, check cashing and foreign exchange to make it convenient for you to get cash to blow in the CASINO. All the restaurants are nice and serve good food, not too overly priced and there is even a movie theater to send the kids to while you play. So as you can see, it is really all about the CASINO. If you play I recommend that you use your player card so when you lose lots of money you can get food comps or a very small percent of your cash back. Also by using your player card you can keep track of how much money you lose, not that you can deduct it from your taxes. Also take note that if you use your credit card at the cashier to get a cash advance you better read the fine print on your card agreement. Some cards will cancel your credit for purchasing gambling chips. Basically this property is about taking your money and putting it into their pocket so if you want somewhere to go and blow your savings account this is your ticket. Even if you’re just here for a ball game, graduation, wedding or other event, you can’t really avoid the casino as it is right there at the hotel. So come to KC, have a good time but beware of the slot machines, they are very alluring and the atmosphere will let you get carried away. Don’t expect to win anything. I’ve visited this casino over 500 times and know all of the machines well, yet I have only won on 3 occasions, that adds up to well under 1% player hold. I’ve met visitors who got carried away and spent way over their budget, so it may cost you. After all, it is a CASINO. Good luck, have a safe and happy trip wherever you choose to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City is a luxury hotel with 184 guestrooms. With 3,000 slot and video poker machines and 60 table games, this Kansas City casino is one of the biggest in the country. After exciting gaming action you may choose from nine appetizing dining options at this Kansas City hotel. The restaurants in Kansas City at Ameristar range from a sports-infused brew-pub to fine dining in an Old West inspired atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ameristar Hotel Kansas City
- Ameristar Casino Kansas City Mo
- Ameristar Kansas City