“LOVE AMERISTAR HOTEL/CASINO”

Ranked #42 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
kcmo
“LOVE AMERISTAR HOTEL/CASINO”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The rooms are beautifully and always very clean. The beds are comfortable. I highly recommend it to friends and family. The restaurants have great food and the staff at both the casino and hotel are always friendly and helpful each time I visit. I have stayed in a variety of casino /hotels around the country and this is my favorite. I love the location..not far from places I like to go. "The best thing I love is the deli on the casino floor. The workers Darrell,Everette, & the african american lady that works with them at night (apologize for not remembering her name but she is extra nice & friendly ) and they all are so fast & courteous when fixing my food. Never had a complaint about my food it is always fixed with love."..the least thing I don't care for is I would like to have a room on the main floor always as the front desk (with no smoking). I can't handle getting on a elevator...and I don't smoke so I prefer this floor with a room that does not smell like smoke.Thank you.

Room Tip: Main floor as the front desk is my preference. and of course closer to the front desk is my prefere...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thanks, Darla, for staying with us and for posting your review. We really value your feedback. I'm so glad u enjoy the deli and our staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Columbia
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I've stayed at Ameristar many times and have always had an exceptionally clean room and wonderful service. And they now have a refrigerator in the rooms which is very convenient. The staff is cheerful and helpful -- everyone from the valet staff to the housekeepers. I have stayed in a number of casino hotels around the country and this is my favorite. The casino itself is heaven for penny slot players -- and very pretty. The restaurants are good but several are only open on weekends.

PS -- Tip your housekeepers.

Room Tip: It's a bit of a walk to the casino so asking for a room near an elevator cuts the walk to a mini...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thanks for visiting us! I'm glad you enjoy our rooms, staff and penny slots. We appreciate your feedback and hope you can stay with us again!
North Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is a large property with some nice restuarants, a small movie theater, a video arcade for the kids, no pool or fitness center, basically it is all about the casino within. The casino has black jack, roulete, crap tables and a couple of poker rooms. The cashier section can get you cash from your checking or credit accounts so be carefull with your cards. It is a smoking friendly casino with a few non smoking areas. As far as slots, there are very many of them but not a single one of them will give you any money. I've played their slots on many occaisions and never once got up on any machine and the quarter machines won't even give you a simple credit. The property is located in a rather remote part of KC and there is nothing within walking distance. Worlds of fun is the nearest attraction (seasonal), otherwise you have to drive for several miles. This casino is all about taking your money, so stay out unless you want to empty your bank account, there are far better places to stay in downtown kc like the plaza area.

Room Tip: Get a room higher up with a view to the west or south, at least you can look at KC. Their website ha...
17 Thank MoMan43
Catskill, New York
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Whenever we are in Kansas City, we stay at the Ameristar. It is a gorgeous casino hotel. The rooms are beautifully appointed and always very clean. The beds are comfortable and the towels fluffy and nice. The casino is beautifully done with a wonderful western feel to it. All the restaurants have great food and the staff at both the casino and hotel are always friendly and helpful. The players also tend to be friendly so the experience is always great, win or lose. What can I say. I will stay there again and highly recommend it to friends and family. Great place!

Room Tip: Book a month in advance to be sure to get a room. The hotel is very popular.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thanks for the recommendation! I'm glad you have a great experience each time you visit us. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!
Branson West, Missouri
Reviewed September 8, 2012

What a great looking property. It's expansive, beautiful and shouldn't be missed. The casino is spotless and well laid out with plenty of parking, table games, and slots. The staff are friendly and helpful. "The Buffet" was a delight and a must for the big eaters out there. A very nice experience and can't wait for our next visit.

1 Thank Lorenjohn
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you had such a nice experience with us and we look forward to your next visit as well!
Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a "Girls Week-End" staying at the Ameristar Hotel In Kansas City, MO. We had a nice room..it was clean and had all the amenities we needed...refrigerator, coffee pot and they actually give you "free" bottles of water. The staff was wonderful! We had some rowdy people in the next room and management took care of it immediately! They have nice places to eat and gambling is fun! It would be more fun if I could WIN...but that is not their fault. Enjoyed our time at the Ameristar!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thanks for spending your girls weekend with us and I'm glad you all had a nice time! We hope you can come back and see us again soon.
Missouri
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We have been staying at Ameristar in Kansas City for many many years and over that time we have seen a lot of changes. I must truly say that the staff does genuinely care about your stay at their Hotel. When we need something they are right there to make sure it gets done. The beds are very comfortable even in their less expensive suites.
What I have come to really appreciate most about the staff is that if there is some confusion with our reservations they almost always bump us up to a better suite without an up charge. In my opinion that says a lot about taking care of their clients.

I highly recommend Ameristar in Kansas City as a clean, comfortable place to say and enjoy the evening. Where the staff puts the needs of the guests first and foremost. Thank you Ameristar we’ve truly enjoyed the times we’ve stayed with you...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thanks so much for the recommendation, Lloyd. I'm glad you enjoy yourself when you visit us. We really appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
The Westin Crown Center
The Westin Crown Center
#11 of 109 in Kansas City
Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center

Been to Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City? Share your experiences!