When I made reservations for just one night, I only asked for a room with 2 queen beds. Imagine my surprise when we got to our room and opened the door. We were given a 2 room queen suite. The room was as big as a good sized apartment. One room had a mini kitchen with full size fridge, microwave, sink and dish washer along with a sofa area with large screen tv and cushioned chairs.
The 2nd room had 2 queen beds with desk and another large screen tv. Bathroom was of the divided type. The shower and toilet were behind the bathroom door while on the outside near the beds was the sink. Only downside of that was that the first person up in the morning usually woke the others up while using the sink.
Parking was free and undercover. You used your room key to enter the garage but none was needed exiting. The first level exited to one street and if you went down to the bottom level, you exited out a different street. All levels were serviced by an elevator that took you to the hotel lobby.
Staff at the hotel were very friendly and welcoming. They even served cookies to us during checkin.
The hotel area in question does seem safe but a little rough around the edges. The lot across the street from the hotel was having the large brick townhomes demolished while we were there. I'm assuming something else will be constructed shortly afterwards. We were easily able to walk to the center of country club plaza from the hotel but walking back was a little more difficult since the hotel is on a steep hill.
Overall, if your goal is to see the Plaza, this hotel is the best deal for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, located in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri on the Country Club Plaza. The Plaza is a beautiful historic destination offering a prime location for shopping and dining. The Plaza has European feel featuring Spanish architecture, fountains, and meandering walkways. You will find small boutiques as well as national chains. Enjoy local Kansas attractions such as the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art, Crown Center, Starlight Theatre, Sprint Center, Performing Arts Center, and the Power & Light District. Our Kansas City hotel provides all of the amenities you expect while traveling including little extras such as complimentary electric vehicle charging stations. Stay connected with our free WiFi access provided throughout the hotel, including our meeting rooms. Start each day of your stay with Hampton's free hot breakfast or grab an On the Run Breakfast Bag on your way out. Get a great workout in our fitness center, and unwind in our large, heated indoor pool. Join us in the lobby of our Kansas City hotel for our complimentary Evening Reception* offered Monday through Thursday. Parking is easy with us, and complimentary, in our private garage and outdoor parking lot suitable to accommodate buses. If you need to host a business meeting or social gathering, our Kansas City hotel offers 5,000 sq. Ft. Of space in seven meeting rooms, designed to accommodate up to 250 attendees. We offer full meeting services including A/V and catering. Let our professional sales staff make your event a success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City Country Club Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Country Club Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Hampton Inn And Suites Country Club Plaza
- Hampton Inn Kansas City
- Kansas City Hampton Inn