We stayed at this hotel for 4 days in December. Upon arrival the staff was very friendly and courteous and allowed us to check in early. The rooms were a good size and very clean and well maintained. The pool area is very nice and the pool is a good size. The pool is made of stainless steel which is kind of neat. Definitely worth a swim during your stay.
This hotel is also located on the edge of the country club plaza which is one of Kansas City's nicest shopping areas. There are many shops and restaurants to choose from within walking distance. I would definitely recommend Jack's Stack BBQ which is a short walk from the hotel. The area is very safe and the Country Club Plaze has a very nice Christmas light display.
This hotel is also a short cab ride to Arrowhead Stadium and Kauffman Stadium if you're taking in a game, and Crown Plaza which includes a Christmas light display, the Sea Life Aquarium and the Crown Plaza Mall.
The hot breakfast at the hotel is also very good and is all you can eat. A definite plus to staying here.
The only downside is the distance from the airport. It is about a $60 cab ride from Terminal Building A. If you are staying here and flying in, I would recommend booking a Super Shuttle. It is far cheaper.
Overall a very good first experience in Kansas City, and would definitely stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, located in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri on the Country Club Plaza. The Plaza is a beautiful historic destination offering a prime location for shopping and dining. The Plaza has European feel featuring Spanish architecture, fountains, and meandering walkways. You will find small boutiques as well as national chains. Enjoy local Kansas attractions such as the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art, Crown Center, Starlight Theatre, Sprint Center, Performing Arts Center, and the Power & Light District. Our Kansas City hotel provides all of the amenities you expect while traveling including little extras such as complimentary electric vehicle charging stations. Stay connected with our free WiFi access provided throughout the hotel, including our meeting rooms. Start each day of your stay with Hampton's free hot breakfast or grab an On the Run Breakfast Bag on your way out. Get a great workout in our fitness center, and unwind in our large, heated indoor pool. Join us in the lobby of our Kansas City hotel for our complimentary Evening Reception* offered Monday through Thursday. Parking is easy with us, and complimentary, in our private garage and outdoor parking lot suitable to accommodate buses. If you need to host a business meeting or social gathering, our Kansas City hotel offers 5,000 sq. Ft. Of space in seven meeting rooms, designed to accommodate up to 250 attendees. We offer full meeting services including A/V and catering. Let our professional sales staff make your event a success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City Country Club Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Country Club Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Hampton Inn And Suites Country Club Plaza
- Hampton Inn Kansas City
- Kansas City Hampton Inn