“Great location on the north side and clean room”

Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty
Ranked #2 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was a great hotel in a fantastic location on the north side. Quiet area. Clean room. Friendly staff. Pool was a nice, clean area. We would stay here again if we were in the area. Breakfast area was nice with plenty of space for everyone to find a table.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

After taxes the price for one night was $150.00. I have no problem paying this as long as it is worth it. The hotel is beautiful and very clean. Staff friendly. The A/C is a thermostat on the wall so the air kept clicking on and off all night long, light that came through the door made it hard to sleep and when the A/C was off you could hear as other guests' room doors opened and closed. All. Night. Long. Pool was freezing but the hot tub was really nice. The floor in the pool room was un level and slippery and I was scared I was going to fall the whole time. It has a good location and an amazing shower. Hot water with awesome water pressure. I could never stay here again though because of how hard and uncomfortable the beds are.

1  Thank hmiller6
gkoch0318, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay with us. I want to personally apologize that the beds were not of the high standards we expect.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in place and of the highest quality. I am sorry this was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we have followed-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Please contact me directly so I can gather more details and make things right.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Not one glitch. With reasonable rates, a totally well-groomed facility, a friendly and helpful front desk folks, the experience got even better when we opened our 4th floor room door. Absolutely beautiful. Clean? It sparkled. Even the hallways are a colorful delight. The morning breakfast was pretty standard for a Hampton Inn, but somehow the seating areas added to the entire experience. If given a chance, we would look forward to our second stay.

Room Tip: Try to book ahead, for on our Friday night stay the motel was full. Our room was on the northwest si...
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Yes, we have stayed here before and every time we need to go to Kansas City we will stay here again. Some hotels are good sometimes and bad the next but this one is consistently good....all the time. Excellent and friendly customer service, clean and comfortable rooms, and great breakfast items. (Which include donuts, a favorite vacation luxury for me) Also the hotel is close to whatever you might need, Walmart, restaurants, fast food, etc. We are so thankful that we can always count on this Hampton Inn to be top notch. Greatly appreciated!!!

Room Tip: We ask for a quiet room, top floor and away from ice machine and stairs....and they give us just tha...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PCtravelers
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel is very nice and updated. The location is far from downtown but has a lot of stores and restaurants nearby.

THE PROBLEM: We had a party of family and friends in for the KC v. ATL game; over 10 rooms. One friend who paid cash was locked out of his room because the claimed he never paid! How then did he get keys and stay the night before. So, after an hour of debating he gave them MORE MONEY because his things were still in room and he had to sleep somewhere! During dinner the hotel called him and says they had mistakenly put the cash on another room, MINE! When he told me that I checked my bank account and the hotel had authorized my room for a two night stay and incidentals TWO TIMES totaling $700, for a room only $119 a night!! When I told them they said it was an accident and would clear in 3 days!!! I was livid! After having night clerk call General Manager at home, call corporate, call my credit card, I finally got them to guarantee that it would be credited back in 24 hours but for something that was totally not my fault I was very upset, it took away from my trip, and I won't be staying at that location again. As of now, I am weary of all Hampton Inns.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Lee129
gkoch0318, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the frustration you and the other member of your party incurred when the actions of our staff did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry this was not your experience. You can be confident that we have followed up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again so that we can demonstate our commitment to your comfort.

Please contact me directly so I can gather more details and help make things right.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Here for 5 days of business and picked this for the price. Wanted to be on the plaza but it was too expensive and this is about 30 minutes away. Easy drive to town but there are lots of restaurants within walking distance. The rooms are very nice...completely new. The front desk is great and I like the way my room always smelled clean. I faced the street but never heard one noise. The pool area is very clean. So plus plus for this Hampton!

Room Tip: Ask for the King non smoking...very spacious and a little desk work area with ample plug ins is a pl...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LoriGray
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have stayed at a half dozen Hampton's in the past year. This one is the best. Very well maintained with a friendly staff eager to take the extra time to make sure my family and I were delighted. We purposely stayed several miles further away from KC than we had planned based on previous reviews from this site. It was hard to believe it that a Hampton Inn could be the #2 rated hotel in the area, but after our stay, I would agree that is is justified.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family