“Great Stay in Kansas City!”

Fairfield Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill
Ranked #29 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Everything went great! The breakfast was excellent, the standard room was spacious enough for two adults and two children, and the persons at the front desk went above and beyond to see to our needs. We were shuttled to the convention center and our drivers were super nice and professional.

Room Tip: Our room was just standard on the third floor. It was quiet and we had not disturbances (and we had...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Really not much to say, it's an economy motel/hotel. Has everything you need. Room was clean, bed was comfy, front desk was friendly. I left my jacket behind and they kept it for me in Lost and Found. I'd stay here again if I was coming back on business.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel before. It's in a so-so neighborhood, but convenient to many parts of town and the freeways. Standard Fairfield Inn: clean, efficient convenient. Front desk and breakfast area staff are very pleasant. I always stick to cold cereal at these buffets. Free wifi worked fine,

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Selected this hotel because some girlfriends and myself were planning on going to the haunted houses and then to the Power & Light District. The room was spacious, we had a corner room, so I think it had a little more room because of that. There appeared to be 2 different wedding parties staying there, and they were quite busy, but, had no problems checking in, or finding parking. The hotel had a shuttle, and Claude, one of the shuttle drivers, took us where we needed to go. He was wonderful!! Everyone was friendly and helpful and it was a great experience!

Room Tip: Room had a fridge and microwave, which was helpful.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Service at the front desk was excellent. Free breakfast was good - yogurt, fruit, cereal, waffles, etc. They have 24 hour tea/hot chocolate/coffee in the lobby which is nice. I forgot my phone charger and called downstairs - they didn't have an extra but they printed me off a map of where the closest AT&T store was, which was very helpful. Also, they have a FREE shuttle that will take you to the plaza or anywhere else near the hotel. I was there on a crazy busy week for KC and since the shuttle was taking a while, they offered to give me a voucher for a free cab ride to where I needed to go and back. Parking is free and internet is free, which is a plus.
Rooms were nice - nothing special.
I will 100% stay here on business (or even for pleasure) again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a nice hotel with reasonable rates very close to the World War I museum and Union Station. Room was large and clean and well appointed. When I stayed there, they were very busy with at least two wedding parties and yet they were handling it well. Beds were comfy.

There was an issue with my billing when it came through on my credit card bill and to their credit, they fixed it immediately with one phone call. Handled it very well.

Would definately recommend this to friends and will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2012

All the staff in this hotel were wonderful. Nothing too much trouble and with a smile too!.
Free ( within 3 miles) shuttle service was excellent.
Rooms clean, spacious. Marriott have a winner with the Fairfield Inn & Suite chain, providing everything for a comfortable clean value for money stay.
Good breakfast selection.