Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza
$179
$109
$170
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$104
$239
The Fontaine(Kansas City)
$169
  • Pool
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$124
$101
Travelocity
All reviewscountry club plazafront deskfree shuttlethe concierge loungeself parkingshuttle servicetwo blocksbreakfast buffetlobby barnice stayking bedthe hotel offershotel shuttlegreat roombit datedshopping and restaurantsoatmeal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I love the Plaza area in KC. This hotel overlooks it. Major Plaza views. So we have a creative meeting. Michael on the front desk hears us talking and puts me into a corner suite, all window view of the plaza. Nice conference table in the suite. Now that is above and beyond. Great room service, wonderful staff. Walk to the plaza, live large. It isn't Maui but it ain't bad.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Liked the room. Complimentary shuttle took us wherever we wanted quickly in Country Club plaza. Its a hike to walk back and forth to the plaza due to location. Hotel pool needed to be updated. Small and all 4 foot deep. Floor is very slick by pool and my neice fell. Lobby was nice with a great bar. I booked with a Visa promotion however the manager wasn't going to give me because I didn't chek the right box. He finally did but I would have thought being a frequent Marriott visitor that I wouldn't of had to beg for it. Overall all nice place would stay with other adults if price was right but probably not with kids looking for a pool. Great room service and beds! Parking is $14 a day.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank susiesw99
Reviewed August 22, 2010

My wife and I stayed here as a celebration for our anniversary in order to enjoy a nice hotel while enjoying the Kansas City area.

The hotel staff was warm and friendly and always helpful. The valet service was usually prompt and even willing to have the car waiting if I called ahead from the room. Unlike some places that have younger and less profesional valets, the Marriott had seasoned professional valets.

The room was a bit on the small side for a room with a king size bed. The bathroom even smaller, and sometimes trying to get ready involved the two of us juggling positions or time in the bathroom to use the sink and mirror.

The room was generally clean. The only slight disappointment in the cleaning staff was that they seemed to only supply new towels, soap, and shampoo. I'm not sure that the bed linens were changed. The bed seemed to be hastily made, as if my 9 year old did it. The rest of the room was untouched by the cleaning staff.

The walls seemed thin and other guests were easily heard "whooping it up".

Beware that high-speed internet is available for a fee in the rooms. I believe it was free in the lobby or business center.

Still, overall this was a great hotel with an excellent staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I stayed at the Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza while I was in town for business. The staff was very friendly and even if I was standing by myself in the lobby, someone would come ask me if I was okay or needed anything. There was a shuttle that would drop me off and pick me up from one of the restaurants in Country Club Plaza when it was raining, but on a nice day it's a great walk. I found the rooms to be small but very quiet. I didn't hear any noise from the only hallways. My only complaint was that the heater system in my room was fairly noisy, but after a while I got used to the humming noise. Overall, I would stay here again, whether for business or leisure.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2010

First, this is one of the best locations to stay in the city in terms of walking distance to shopping and restaurants. I stayed at this property for four days and each day i walked to breakfast or checked out the shops. This makes up for the fact that they don't have an on-site gift shop. so something to remember if you need some last-minute items. In one direction up Main Strett there's a CVS pharmacy and Starbucks, the opposite direction is the Plaza mall shopping area. Despite not having a gift shop, i was really impressed with the rooms and lobby area. Lobby area was a really cool hang out spot and plenty of places to log on to your computer. Overall, it was definitely Marriott quality.

On a couple of occasions though I called the "at your service' line and the rep didn't know about a couple of restaurants or directions. But overall, service was good and the valet service was excellent. Room service was ok. Not a LOT of late-night dining options on the room service menu. The bar/lounge area was a tad small, but upscale in decor and great area to watch a game.

Housekeeping was the only downside in that everyday they forgot to leave towels or ice bucket, etc. It was as if they didn't finish cleaning the room and planned to come back, but didn't. But still, it was clean.

There wasn't a place to buy a daily paper or magazine, but there was no need because there were free copies of the Wall Street Journal and USA Today in the lobby. i particularly liked this hotel because it's not in the middle of a high-traffic area and it was easy to get in and out of the property. It was a quick, 15 minute drive straight up Main Street to the downtown district. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business