“Wonderful Experiance”

Ranked #36 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Wonderful Experiance”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

One of our best hotels ever. We travel extensively and are used to various conditions of hotels but this was a very pleasant surprise. Every thing from check-in, the room, the staff and restaurant was far above average, while the price was way below what we would expect to pay for a place as nice as this.
We were blown away by how nice the entire staff treated us and the level of friendliness and professionalism by every one we encountered. We will definitely stay there again and again. " Great Job" to all. The level of Management was most apparent. Thanks again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wanderingOG
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us the accolades! I am pleased to hear our staff showed what it takes to meet your expectations - consistency and professionalism are two words we live by at the Marriott. From your comments it sounds like we are walking the walk - we look forward to having you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Urbandale, Iowa
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

I booked two nights a night in advanced and got a great price online. We found the hotel easy. Its literally a block from the plaza, a few miles from power and light also.

I will start off by complimenting the staff. They ask how you are doing often. The first morning I came down looking for a shop to buy toothpaste and they gave me some.

Even the repairman, who was working on our floor stopped to say good morning.

The rooms are slightly dated but comfy. The beds and sheets were clean. No complaints other than little picky things that people post pics of constantly....but who cares, its not brand new, and not an expensive place to stay.

The pool and hot tub were clean, a little on the small side but were almost always empty so it was perfect. At the price we got, it was pretty much the only indoor pool around.

We were woken up to the neighbor throwing up all night after what we think was a concert that night. This is certainly not the hotels fault.
Yes, parking and breakfast isnt free, we should have got the package online, but that wasnt a huge deal breaker. I used mobile hotspot for internet. The drinks at the lobby bar were pricey but much cheaper than an owi.

All in all, a great stay, great staff, and location!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the awesome review! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay - my apologies about the noisy neighbors, we look forward to having you back wtih us when you get down from Iowa. Safe travels and here's to hoping for some warm weather for both of us the next couple weeks!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is my second stay here. I am a Platinum Member so I didn't pay for Internet but did pay a lot for parking. The hotel was booked so I didn't get an upgrade although my King Room was great. Very clean and comfortable bed.
I was traveling alone so I didn't venture out to the Plaza. Used the concierge lounge for dinner snacks and breakfast. Both were great. I ended up not using the restaurant or room service because of the amount of food I received in the lounge.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for the review! I am glad to hear that our Concierge Lounge lives up to your expectations - out of 300 Full Service Marriott Hotels we are consistently in the Top 20 for the service we deliver on our top floor Elite Lounge over looking the Plaza. We look forward to having you back!
Indiana
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Nice hotel, but I paying for Internet after spending $250.00 makes one feel nickel and dimed. While the hotel is nice, it isn't a luxury hotel and you can find a place just as nice not to far away that is cheaper and Internet is included. Also, the hotel restaurant is closed for dinner, forcing guests to the bar which has a very limited menu. If you are trying to represent yourself as a business hotel which I assume is the case with the high rates then act like it and have a restaurant that is open.

Also, the day I was there it was very cold and the windows are old and leak lots of cold air.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I was concerned to hear you had issues in your guest room - I would like the opportunity to help correct that issue but need more information. If you have the time available please call me at the main hotel phone number at 816-531-3000 and ask for the Guest Services Manager. I appreciate any time you have to help with this and thank you again for writing a review.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Nice hotel, however, this is the first hotel that I've stayed at in two years that still charges for internet in the rooms. Internet is free in the lobby and there are several workstations but if you want to get online in the convenience of your room, you will have to pay a $12/day connection fee. Ridiculous in this day and age. Convenient location only 4 or 5 blocks to the edge of the Plaza. Parking is not free. It is $15/day. Upon check-in I was given a room on the 5th floor right across from the elevators. After several hours I knew the noise would be a problem. Asked the front desk if I could move and they obliged. Maid service was super friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dandytime
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for writing a review on our property. Although we do charge for our internet, you will find from the two different speeds you can choose from the best at any hotel in Kansas City - we just had all new wireless equipment installed this year. I am happy to read that our service was top notch, we hope to have you back for a follow up review on your next stay.
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel in the last year. As a Platinum Elite in Marriott, i was upgraded to a super room on the concierge (19th) floor overlooking the plaza. Beautiful view. Super fast elevator. The concierge lounge offers great food for breakfast & early evening meals. beef stroganoff one evening & flank steak strips the other. You could easily have supper on what they offer. Parking is a bit steep at $19/night for valet service considering most of the other Plaza hotels don't charge anything. It's just a quick walk to the Plaza or you can take the hotel shuttle if the weather is bad. My only concerns were the water pressure in the shower - too low - and the difficulty in controlling the room temperature. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. All in all, if you want to stay on the Plaza this is as good as there is.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms overlook the Plaza. The higher floors have super views.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for not only your great loyalty to Marriott Hotels as a Platinum Elite Member with our Rewards Program (the best in the business if you ask me) - but for also taking the time to write a review of our hotel.
We do have a great Concierge Lounge for our Elite Members, I am proud to say we are consistently ranked in the top 20 out of all 333 Full Service Marriott Hotels for our services in the Concierge Lounge. You can also pay a premium most nights to have access if you do not have the Elite Status required for the complimentary access granted to our Gold and Platinum Members.
Although you had some great things to say - I was concerned to hear about your water pressure and heat issues you experienced. I would like to get further details to address any lingering problems we might not have caught after you departed, please feel free to call the main hotel phone number of 816-531-3000 and ask for hte Guest Services Manager - I would be delighted to take your call. Thank you again for all of your loyalty and time!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed December 3, 2013

After staying in several nearby hotels, I thought I had a good rate at the Marriot over Thanksgiving. While most hotels in Country Club Plaza area offer free parking and free internet in the room, Marriot charges extra for them. That tacks on $30 per day. It certainly decreases the value. The room was very nice, a quick ride up the elevator, friendly staff and great location. The room had an extremely loud HVAC system that woke us up several time during the night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Birdlegs52
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I was disappointed you had issues with your HVAC unit being so loud during your stay - would you mind contacting me at the hotel with more details about your stay so we can address the issue? I appreciate any extra time you have and look forward to your call.