“Nice Stay”

Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza
Ranked #36 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We were in town to visit family, as well as tour the Nelson-Atkins museum. We wanted a hotel near the museum so we chose this one. It was last minute. We booked the hotel about 2 hours out of Kansas City. We asked for a top floor, king bed and foam pillows. All was provided for us. It was a wonderful stay. Quiet and comfortable. The view was beautiful. The staff went out of their way to help us out with whatever we needed. Great place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jgood738
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay - we are close to two World Class Museums of Kansas City, the Kemper Contemporary Museum and the Nelson Atkins Museum - both are within walking distance. Hope to have you back for another exihibit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I recently stayed at the Marriott Country Club Plaza for a seminar and a Kansas City Chiefs football game. I had not stayed at the hotel since it had been renovated. I was very, very impressed. The new decor is excellent and classy. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I was also very impressed with the service. Literally everyone I talked bent over backwards to help me with whatever I needed; from managament to all employees. I had a party of twelve and everyone was happy. The proximity of the hotel to the Country Club Plaza is also a big plus. I felt that the room rates were reasonable as well, for such a great location and the updated surroundings. The bar area and coffee area on the lobby floor were also well-received by my party. I know where I will be staying again when I visit Kansas City!

Room Tip: I recommend a higher floor room with a view of the Plaza.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for coming back to see us and for taking time to write a review. Happy to hear that you came in from Nebraska for the recent Chiefs Victory! We are excited about the rest of season and seeing more fans to see the Chiefs make a push for the playoffs. Hope to have you back soon for a Plaza visit.
Irvine, California
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Arrived on a Sat night and was told my reservation was cancelled. Took a while for them to sort it out. Never received my wake up call Sunday. Turns out an electrical problem blow out the elevators and phones. Missed my wake up call again Monday, which made me late for a meeting. Only one elevator working for about 2 days. Conference rooms were like a sauna. Not sure I'd stay here again...

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Please accept my apologies for the troubled stay you had with us, a city power outage on our block that effected numerous businesses had multiple services at our hotel hindered for a short time. I was concerned to hear that you had issues with our staff finding your reservation at check - in, I would like the opportunity to correct this with the staff involved but need more details from you.

If you have the time available please call the main hotel phone number of 816-531-3000 and ask for the Guest Services Manager - I would be delighted to take your call and to have the opportunity to prevent any future occurences like the one you experienced.
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel! Great location! The Country Club Plaza area has great outdoor shopping w dozens of upscale stores and restaurants. The hotel has shuttle service, so its a breeze getting around. The breakfast is cook to order or a full buffet, including an omelet chef. The bar is fun and lively w a nice food menu. My family visits KC several times of year to see the Chiefs and this is our favorite place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Lee129
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for the great review! Great to hear that our Breakfast Buffet made a great impression - it really is the best value in the Country Club Plaza. The Main Street Grille serves breakfast every day with our full buffet, opening at 6:30am. Hope to have you back for another Chiefs Game!
Fairfield, California
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Kansas City Marriott County Club Plaza Hotel on 10/12/2013 through 10/14/2013. We came to Kansas City for the Oakland Raiders vs Kansas City Chiefs game on 10/13/2013. We were very happy with the hotel, the front desk staff and food. We had never been to Kansas City before and were pleasantly surprised on how nice everyone was in the hotel, since we are Oakland Raiders fans. The room was roomy, the food was good (especially the breakfast in room service) and it was inviting. We were about four blocks away from the County Club Plaza walking down the hill. The fun part was walking back up that hill. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Kansas City.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank slynncox
Thank you for taking time to write a review on our hotel! As much as we are excited about our Kansas City Chiefs this season - we are just as excited to have all of our NFL Fans with us as well - I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we can get you back to stay with us before next season's Chiefs / Raiders game!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Spent a quick one-day visit to KC and stayed at this hotel. The service was very good; staff were pleasant and helpful, the room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Food was good as well. The only problem I had was trying to find something for lunch at around 3:00 PM as this time fell between the times for lunch and dinner (had to walk down to the plaza to find something to eat). Otherwise, a good experience overall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GuestServicesPLZA, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for the review, we are very close to two different Kansas City Museums - the Kemper Contemporary Art Museum is adjacent to our building, additionally we are 2 blocks from the Nelson Atkins Art Museum - our courtesy shuttle will even take you there!

We do have 3 restaurants in our hotel, Breakfast and Lunch is served in the Main Street Grille until 1:30pm Sunday through Thursday, and until 1:00pm on Friday and Saturday.

Our MI Great Room Lobby Lounge has a full dinner menu Monday through Thursday from 4:00pm to midnight, 1:00pm to midnight on Friday and Saturday and 5:00pm to midnight on Sundays. We also offer room service 6:00am until midnight every day of the week to serve guests between the times are Main Street Grille closes and the Lounge opens. Thank you again for the review!
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed October 10, 2013

If you're looking for warm, friendly staff and service, this is your place to stay. Everyone was incredibly accomodating and just plain midwest-nice!

Pros-
- Staff was really friendly and helpful
- When I asked for a room change, they were very accomodating and put me on the club floor
- Room was clean
- Plenty of outlets for the business traveler
- Location next to Country Club Plaza is great. It's on a small hill but walking distance

Cons -
- The first room was small and there was a compressor that kept turning on and off somewhere all night so I finally asked for a room change, which they did and were very nice about it
- No in-room safe
- Parking garage is awkward and hard to navigate

Room Tip: The higher rooms don't get road noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the time you took on writing your review! We like to think we set the bar for "Midwest Hospitality". Don't forget when you are back with us - our courtesy shuttle will take you to and from the Country Club Plaza every day. Thank you again for the review!