“Great Friendly Service from everyone at the hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza

Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza
Ranked #37 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
St. Louis
“Great Friendly Service from everyone at the hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

From the valet at the front door, to the front desk, to the restaurant staff, everyone was helpful and courteous. The free breakfast we received with our booking was great and they allowed us to order from the menu as well as the buffet offerings. The tickets for the meal noted that included the tip, which was nice...we never even saw a bill. The hotel was clean and well furnished. Only problem was that the water in the shower was labeled wrong and hot was cold and visa versa-this could be dangerous. It was a short walk to Country Club Plaza, but there really are only a few hotels closer than this one.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
On behalf of the staff at the Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay, as our goal is to offer the highest level of service and comfort.
Please accept our apologies for the wrong labeling in the shower, we will address and fix that problem. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
We hope to serve you again in the future.

Sales and Marketing Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

The staff could not have been nicer! The breakfast buffet was fresh and delicious.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are delighted that your experience was a positive one as our goal is to offer you the highest level of service and comfort.
We hope to serve you again in the future.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

I had a very pleasant stay here. Room service was efficient, food good (especially the locally-made sorbets), staff helpful. It was extremely hot when I visited and I decided not to open the window curtains once I realized how hot the glass was from the western sun beating down on it, so I didn't get the benefit of the view -- but the room was nice and cool, a good haven in a difficult summer season.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
We are delighted that you were pleased with your experience at our hotel, our goal is to offer the highest level of comfort and service for our guests.
We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future,

Red Oak, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stayed her overnight with a girlfriend and it was an okay place. The location to the plaza was lovely but not quite within walking distance when it's in the 90's outside. Our air conditioner control was on the fritz so we had a hard time controlling the temperature. There seemed to be a short in the controller.

The room was clean, the view was lovely, and the people were friendly. Beds were comfy and when I needed to get my bedding changed out because it was all down and I'm allergic, a great lady came and remade the whole bed for me. Usually I get tossed a bedspread from the 70's. She was awesome!

I gotta say having to pay for parking was ridiculous. It's an unnecessary racket that brings down my ratings.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
On behalf of the staff at the Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your feedback helps us make any necessary improvements.
We appreciate the nice comments about our staff; we always strive to offer the highest level of service.

Our hotel does offer complimentary door-to-door transportation to and from the Country Club Plaza. Thank you for bringing the Air Conditioning issue to our attention, we will address the problem. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

We apologize if your stay was less than perfect and we do hope for an opportunity to make your next experience an excellent one.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

This hotel is a great location, just up from the Country Club Plaza. I really appreciate the shuttle service. The rooms are nicely sized and the hotel has all the amenities from lounge bar, restaurant, gift shop, valet....I enjoy the full service hotels and this one has a great staff always smiling! I would recommend this place if you place to be near the plaza area. Ask for a plaza view, it is very nice at night.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
izabellatoma, Owner at Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
On behalf of the staff at the Marriott Country Club Plaza, we would like to thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.
If there is anything we can do to ensure your next visit is an excellent experience, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

My wife & I stayed at this hotel from Saturday June 4, 2011 to Tuesday June 7, 2011. At check-in bellman helping with our bags escorted my wife to the room, did not ask to fill our ice bucket, and did not say anything typical such as "Is there anything I can do for you during your stay? Instead when my wife tipped him he just said "No Problem". I guess maybe taking our bags to the room WAS a Problem??? Unless we tipped him???

We went to the lobby bar for a drink. Sat at a table about 15 feet from the actual lobby bar. Only 3-4 other customers in the room. After 5 minutes the bartender had still not come over to wait on us. I finally went over to the bartender to order, and a waitress appeared from somewhere and the bartender said she could help us. She took our order. After a few minutes she came back carrying our drinks with her hands on the rim of the glasses ( Apparently not really trained properly). I took a couple of drinks from my glass and then realized it had a large crack in the glass. After a few minutes wondering where the waitress had wandered off to again, she finally came back into the area. I flagged her down and explained I had a broken glass. She looked at me with a "so what do you want me to do about it attitude". I asked her if she could get me another glass. She left, came back a few minutes later and set the glass down, and then left again. (She did not offer me another free drink because of the problem, did not even pour my old drink into the new glass - she just left.

We decided to leave too! The waitress brought me the check. Although my wife and I both had the exact same drink, the tab showed different prices for each one. I took the tab to the bartender and explained we had the exact same drink, Why are there two different prices??? He gave the tab to the waitress and she changed the tab to reflect the same price for each of the drinks.

On the whole the hotel was fine. We skipped the usual room cleaning a couple of times because we were working in the room. We asked for a turndown service in the evening on those two nights, and the room was cleaned well and the bed turned down when we returned. The front desk actually called on the second day, mentioned that we had skipped the usual room cleaning again that day and asked us if we wanted the turndown service again that night. (it was nice they were being proactive and anticipating our needs!!!)

I went to the indoor pool and jacuzzi area on Monday evening. Got into the hot tub and noticed it was filthy dirty!!! Grime around the hot tub at the water line. It obviously had not been cleaned in at least a week. It made me wonder about the cleanliness of the pool and the attention to detail of the pool chemicals, but I did not notice any serious dirty, grimy, areas in the swimming pool. Swimming pool area, including doors out to a deck, and the pool area furniture definitely need an upgrade.

Employees we met in the hallways of the hotel were friendly.

We paid a rate of $119/night because of a Health conference we were attending. Seemed like a good rate for the Country Club Plaza area. Internet in the room was $9.95/day, and self-parking in the garage was $14.00/day. That seemed a little excessive for Kansas city. Internet is now free in much less expensive hotels.

The bellman give free rides to anywhere in the Country Club Plaza area.

The Country Club Plaza area itself was Great!!! Still very popular and crowded with guests especially on Saturday night. Definitely recommend the Country Club Plaza area!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Milestonecruises
Clearwater, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

This hotel starts and ends with a great front desk staff. Michael & Grace just make your experience 'remarkable.' Love the views of the plaza. Great walks in the morning. Middle of everything. A no risk hotel everytime.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business