“Beautiful, Modern Hotel”

Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
Ranked #5 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
“Beautiful, Modern Hotel”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I always use Trip Advisor before booking and after seeing pictures and good reviews I booked a night at the Hyatt Place. We were pleasantly suprised at the decor and setup of the hotel. Check in was a breeze and the room was spacious and modern. There were 2 drawbacks for us though. One, the walls are super thin. I was kept up most the night by the loud women in the next room over. And number 2 was the continental breakfast. Even for a complimentary breakfast it was quite lacking. Otherwise, great hotel!

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Korean first
Lincoln NE
Reviewed February 13, 2011

We usually stay at Hilton, but decided to try Hyatt this time and are are very pleased. Great location, excellent and kind staff, clean and spacious rooms. Free breakfast with a very upbeat cook that kept us smiling at 5:30 AM. Free shuttle to and from the airport with a pick up as late as midnight and the driver was just as kind at midnight as he was when he dropped us off at 7:30 AM during our departure. We will definately stay with Hyatt again in the future.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Seldomrest
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 29, 2011

The Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport was about a 5-8 minute drive from the rental car terminal. I checked in after midnight at the Hyatt Place and it was well lit up and the staff was just as upbeat as if it was 12 noon. I was greeted at the door by a male employee who walked me through a very quick self-check in and pointed me to some dining options at the hotel and in the area. The room was clean and spacious as expected. My only challenge was that the heater in the room was very loud. I am a light sleeper and tried to turn off the heater after warming up the room. However, it kept turning itself back on. When I called downstairs a wonderfully helpful desk agent, Debbie offered to come up and take a look. Though she came up and we weren’t able to solve the problem, I appreciated her solutions oriented approach and general pleasant demeanor. The next morning I found a pleasant apology note under the door offering me free breakfast. During check out the next morning there were 2 very pleasant desk agents. who offered me directions and recommendations for Kansas style barbeque. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
United States
Reviewed December 9, 2010

We made our reservation over 2 months ago.
I have an allergy to the ginger they put in the soap.
We requested, again over 2 months ago, to have something other than the ginger stuff.
At check in they said they do not deal with special requests until we check in and that they have nothing else so I would have to buy my own.
Yes, buy my own. A Hyatt that said basically, "We will not provide you with the basic needs for your stay at our hotel."
I have stayed at over a dozen Hyatt Places plus many other Hyatt hotels, this is the first one who did not make this happen. Some even made it happen when I forgot to ask for the change.
Cold and callus to say the least is this hotel's attitude.
I guess they do not care if I break out in hives or do not bathe.
DO NOT STAY HERE if you want a hotel that cares, or you what to get what you pay for.
IHG,

Rube (and I guess they think I am)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Topeka, KS
Reviewed November 3, 2010

My fiance and I stayed at this venue because it was close to the Zona Rosa area of Kansas City. We originally made our reservations on that day through AAA, but the kid on the phone (the one working for AAA) got the wrong date and the gal at the Hyatt Place was so sweet. She got us a room anyway, and at an even better rate! Whoo hoo. This hotel is relatively new, so it's still pretty nice. Nothing super fancy, but it was clean and comfortable. I like how the rooms are L-shaped so it feels like you have more room. This worked out great when my fiance had to do a little work and I was able to kick back and relax on the sofa. The next morning, we took advantage of their free breakfast. It was decent. Some of the food items were gone, but that was due mainly to the volleyball teams staying there for a tournment. Ha. I would return to this place.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 3, 2010

Beautiful hotel. ....they got nice LCD HDTV in all of their rooms. Nice sofa and chairs too. Hotel was really clean and hotel staff was very friendly. I was suppose to check in at 3 pm but I arrived early at 9 am and they still checked me in.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Long Beach, ca.
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Stayed one nite. Had to catch an early morning flight out of MCI. Room was clean, comfortable and priced right on Priceline. Staff was one of the best I've dea;t with in quite some time. Would stay again. Never ever heard an airlpane from MCI.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo