“It depends”

Ranked #5 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Des Moines, Iowa
“It depends”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Many positives. Staff is great. Rooms are really nice as described. Beds are very comfortable. Wife and I stay here often and will continue to do so. BUT the breakfast is not what it used to be. Egg sandwiches were not good. Fruit salad had some kind of liquid in it that was nasty-must be a preservative. I was told that they were in the process of changing the menu, so I don't know if it is getting better or worse. There was a tray of left over food all night in the hallway that smelled to the point that it was in our room. Complained to the desk and it was still there an hour later when we left. Their pricing is sort of different. The same room's price can be all over the map. They said it depends on the demand for the day and it can change quickly, say for bad weather or a cancelled sporting event. Best prices are on holiday weekends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed July 1, 2013

For the reasonable cost and compared to same cost range peers, this is an excellent property. Rooms are smart, contemporary, and maximize convenience in limited space. Flat screen TV in room. 2 double beds (not queens). USEABLE pull-out sofa. Nice outdoor pool. Outstanding hot breakfast every morning.

The staff --- always plenty of them around --- all very helpful and friendly. I didn't use the shuttle but looks like it is available to get people to and from the airport.

Only minor issues included lack of housekeeping one day (though we were in the room during the afternoon) and an air conditioner that leaked some water into the carpet (not sure how abnormal this is as it was an extremely warm day outside and the in-room ACs were really working).

Would absolutely stay there again when in the area. I enjoyed this property so much, and felt the value was so good, that I likely wouldn't even bother checking other places out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Iowa
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last weekend during a visit to family in KC. This hotel was very conveniently located to where we needed to be and offered a very reasonable rate. The front desk was very accommodating, the rooms were nice, spacious and clean, and they have a wonderful breakfast which they kept very well stocked. I happened to be sitting in the lobby one morning drinking coffee and visiting with family. I witnessed a very disgruntled guest who was complaining to the front desk about her bill. The front desk people were trying very patiently to explain it to her, but she we not understanding or listening to them. The manager was called out and she was so patient and kind as she finally found a way to help the women understand that all was right with her bill and she had not been overcharged. Once the customer realized she was wrong, the manager was very gracious in accepting her apology. I was very impressed with the customer service .
I would recommend this hotel and would for sure stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is the 3rd time I've stayed here for a park and fly. The hotel is great - very modern and well kept. The "continental" breakfast is awesome - egg sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, you name it. The shuttle to / from the airport is very convenient. Walking distance to a Ruby Tuesday, Waffle House and Cracker Barrel.

If you do the math, staying here may be the same as paying parking at the airport and we love getting up refreshed and on an early flight.

Go Hyatt Place!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank smonti
Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. The staff was amazing from the time we checked in until the time of check-out. We had a room on the 6th floor at at the end. First when we walked in the room it smelled like mildew which we realized was coming from the air conditioning unit. I thought from looking at pictures there was a big shower but was surprised when our room didn't have one. I called down to the front desk and she informed me that some of the hotels had remolded and put in the big showers but this hotel hadn't yet. My husband and I walked down to the front desk to complain about the smell. The girl at the front desk was super nice and accommodating. she quickly moved us to a different room on the 4th floor. The air conditioning unit was digital and newer the room smelled much better. We were on a floor with a bunch of kids as a baseball team was in town for a tournament. We were not to bothered by it as we went out for dinner and came back for drinks in the bar. By the time we got to our room the kids were all asleep. Would recommend not getting a room close to the ice machine could be loud. Ours was all the way at the end of the hall which was nice. I do wish they would of had a hot tub and a bigger shower. My husband was bothered that they had hd tvs without hd channels. Good hotel and we had a fantastic time just wish they would do some updates to make it even better. Breakfast was fantastic as well!!

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the elevator and the ice machine. End of the hall is better.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I am fast becoming a fan of Hyatt Place. At this hotel the staff was great. It was late when I got to my room and found the room next door was being too loud. Nothing real bad but after a long day I was in no mood for this. I called the front desk and within 2-3 minutes they were at my door with keys to another room at the other end of the hall and helped me move.

The room was big, comfortable and everything worked great. I ended up having the best night's sleep I've had in a hotel room for LONG time. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with connecting doors. Can get noisy based on your neighbors.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
LE MARS
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place was great. I'd never stayed at a Hyatt Place before. So, I didn't know what to expect, but this place was more than a pleasant surprise.

The front desk staff was super friendly and helpful and the lobby area had a very welcoming feel.

The room was very spacious. There was a sectional couch that pulled out into a bed, mini-fridge plasma tv, comfortable bed. Everything was incredibly clean as well. If there is any negatives about the room, it is that the AC unit is on the loud side.

Breakfast was wonderful. It was a full hot breakfast buffet. I stuck with french toast, but the rest of my family enjoyed the breakfast sandwiches.

On the whole, I fully recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family