Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
$196
$179
Hampton.com
$109
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$121
Hotels.com
The Fontaine(Kansas City)
$186
  • Pool
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$94
$91
$209
Travelocity
All reviewszona rosawaffle housekansas city airportfree breakfastsitting areacracker barrelearly flightrooms are spaciousnice hoteloutdoor poolyogurtmorning breakfastgreat roomminute drivegreat place to stayexcellent staywould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 10, 2013

It's hard to go wrong with this chain, the room was spacious and clean and QUIET, being near an airport this was an unexpected plus. The only reason I did not go five stars is the breakfast seemed a little below what I've experienced at other Hyatt Places and unless there is parking many of us didn't see, there are not enough spaces. People were parked along the curbs and in the street and that's not something I appreciate at a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have stayed at several hotels close to KCI to avoid an hour drive the day of a flight, but will never stay at another hotel but Hyatt Place going forward. For the price, the room was very large and had a great set up with the "living room", wet bar and work desk as well as a TV which can be seen from both the bed and the couch area. I easily would have expected to pay double for the size of the room, and many of the neighboring hotels were priced more for smaller, plain rooms.

I used the Park and Stay package (or whatever it is called), and it ended up being less than $4 per day to park at the hotel lot compared to $8 or more for local parking services. That price cannot be beat!

I do have 2 small gripes with the hotel. The 1st was the conflicting info between the main Hyatt reservation # and the hotel itself. I tried calling the hotel directly, but got just a fast busy for 2 days straight so decided to call the 800# since I needed to make sure the airport shuttle started early enough for a 6a flight. I was told at the reservation # that the shuttle started at 4a whereas once I checked in was told it was 4:30a. Also, they overbooked the shuttle and we had to depend on the Sleep Inn shuttle to get us to the airport on time. The 2nd issue was the cleanliness of the "bed in bag" for the couch. While the blanket in the bag was tied up like it had been "quality checked" by housekeeping, it actually was dirty with food crumbs all over it...I ended up not using a blanket at all on the couch and it went back into the bag.

While I think the hotel needs to get it's local # fixed and be on the same page as the main reservation line, this won't stop me from using this hotel for all future trips.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Due to the snowstorm in Kansas City, I was stuck for two nights. It made being stuck less painful. The rooms are really nice--the flat screen tv massive. The work desk was big enough to spread out my materials, and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were beyond helpful and really should be applauded for their positive attitudes. The happy hour 1/2 off prices were really good and the 1/2 off appetizers were very large. I had the cheese tray which included warm herb bread, and the nacho supreme with chicken. Both really enjoyable. The driver took me to walmart to get some supplies when I saw that I would be stuck there for a while. He was great and very nice, making sure I didn't slip in the snow.
The breakfast was really good, but for folks that are gluten free it leaves you to cereal or yoguart. I wish more places would at least think about gluten free folks.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank santafake
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Blizzard meant two nights here. Staff was fantastic and very patient with the sold-out group of patrons. Excellent food options! Really healthy choices and a great breakfast. Able to work (free internet access) and play (nice gym). Great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We met here for a meeting of about 10 people. The rooms were spacious, free wifi, nice desk, nice kitchenette. There was plenty of room downstairs for happy hour (half price drinks) or gathering in lobby. The free breakfast was about the best I've seen! You can order other meals but they weren't that great. They also have free shuttle to airport or Zona Rosa for shopping and more restaurants. I would definitely go again for a meeting place!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo