“For The Next Storm, Get Stuck Here!”

Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Blizzard meant two nights here. Staff was fantastic and very patient with the sold-out group of patrons. Excellent food options! Really healthy choices and a great breakfast. Able to work (free internet access) and play (nice gym). Great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We met here for a meeting of about 10 people. The rooms were spacious, free wifi, nice desk, nice kitchenette. There was plenty of room downstairs for happy hour (half price drinks) or gathering in lobby. The free breakfast was about the best I've seen! You can order other meals but they weren't that great. They also have free shuttle to airport or Zona Rosa for shopping and more restaurants. I would definitely go again for a meeting place!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago and I was impressed by many things:
1. The staff is very friendly. I checked in and the lady helping me was very helpful and friendly, made me feel very welcome and answered my question.
2. This place is CLEAN! I mean, clean as in my wife kept commenting on how good it smelled throughout the hotel's lobby, elevator and halway to the room.
3. The details! They had a bunch of nice green apples in the entrance for you to have as a snack at no charge!
4. The room: NICE!!! We had one with two double beds and it includes a pull out sofa. You can easily sleep 6 in the room with comfort. The room had a large flat panel TV, two sinks, a mini-fridge, a microwave, the beds and pillows were comfortable. I didn't see any dirt or defect anywhere whatsoever. The rooms and property throughout are renewed. Everything looks and is in great shape!
5. The breakfast: WOW!!! This is not your typical cheap breakfast. They had: bagels, cereal, fresh fruit, milk, o.j., oatmeal, yogurt, and freshly made breakfast muffin sandwiches with egg, cheese, ham, and bacon. Simply EXCELLENT!!! and all included in the price.
6. You also get wifi and parking at no charge.

I would definitly be looking for Hyatt place hotels when I travel!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hgelee
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Decided to stay here on a whim instead of going to Minneapolis. Neither my fiance nor I have stayed in a Hyatt Place but we loved it! Loved how open and big the room was for the single king bed (which I would say is a queen not a king). Great big couch and it was nice to see the vanity area separate and outside from the shower and the toilet. I made the mistake of forgetting shampoo and conditioner and really did not like what the hotel provided (the fragrance was horrible -- but it was my fault!) Did wish the towels were a little softer... they were quite tough and hard. Breakfast was free and was good!

The hotel is so close to everything. Close to downtown, only just minutes away from Zona Rosa (seriously down the street), and not far from the casinos or the Plaza. If looking for somewhere around everything this is definitely the place. When we arrived Sam showed us around and was super friendly. I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I love the Hyatt Place hotels because the quality is consistently good. We were here on business and booked a room for three nights. We got a great deal by pre-paying for the stay. The bathroom is larger than other Hyatt Places where we have stayed, but still on the small side. Otherwise, the bed is comfortable and the room is well insulated against noise from neighboring rooms. We were pleasantly surprised to find the breakfast served at 5:30 a.m. on Sunday morning. We woke up early to leave and were so happy to have coffee and large breakfast buffet waiting for us before we got on the road. A plus for this hotel is the location - -near the airport and the Zona Rosa district. I highly recommend this hotel to couples and families.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We always book at this hotel before flying out of the country. The hotel makes it easy to leave your vehicle and shuttles leave on the half hour. The staff is always courteous and the rooms consistently clean and comfortable. The large flat screen TV is a plus for viewing in the sitting area as well as the bed. We've never had a bad experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have stayed here twice in the last month. The rooms are spacious and clean. They are also very quiet. The staff is very friendly. We really liked having the food and drinks available in the lobby -very convenient .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family